CHS Elburn has an exciting opportunity. We are looking for a Seasonal Scale Operator to be responsible for operating the scale in an accurate, efficient manner and manage the bookkeeping of transaction through completion. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong problem solving skill and demonstrated self-starter and high initiative
You must be able to work extended hours (including weekends) from October thru November
- Weigh and grade grain in all inbound and outbound trucks.
- Work with customers to verify scale tickets and print reports.
- Answer telephone promptly and direct calls as needed.
- Provide a high level of customer service by addressing patrons in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner.
- Work with other office personnel on special projects.
- Perform other duties or activities as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Work with other office personnel to keep office clean.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work some long irregular hours (weekend and holidays included).
Grain grading knowledge
Benefits & EOE
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here..
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website