CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Processing Food Ingredient group. We are looking for a Shipping and Receiving Operator who is willing to learn and operate equipment associated with incoming or outgoing products of a dry-mill ethanol plant. Must be self-motivated and works well with others in a team environment.
- Be trained by a knowledgeable staff member to be able to perform the tasks associated with the safe, efficient operation of all loading equipment
- Operate equipment for loading and unloading distiller's grains, corn, ethanol, and minor byproducts. This includes operating an end loader, switching engine, fork lift, and skid loader
- Conduct truck and railcar inspections prior to loading with product
- Patrol and observe work areas to ensure processes are operating normally, in a safe and compliant manner.
- Conduct basic preventative maintenance as required and assist maintenance techs as needed.
- Participate in grain quality management by regular cleaning of storage bins/silos and ensuring product meets established specifications.
- Play an active role in keeping the work area clean, orderly, and in a safe condition.
- Monitor, maintain, and care for all issued tools and equipment.
- Actively participate in safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Approach every task with safety as the first work consideration. Adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Identify and mitigate hazards before starting work tasks. Maintain situational awareness to identify and mitigate potential hazards while performing work tasks.
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 plus years of work experience in a structured team environment
- Proficient in using email and electronic time clock
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to properly utilize required personal protective equipment
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs to work at heights of up to 150 feet
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- Agriculture, grain handling, heavy equipment operation, and/or ethanol industry experience
- Experience with computerized logistics loading software and computerized conveyor/equipment controls
Benefits & EOE
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex® brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.
Apply on company website