What an amazing new opportunity! CIM Group is growing and looking for a Leasing Consultant. The Leasing Consultant is responsible for the leasing, marketing and maintaining positive resident relations of multi-family residential apartments.
CIM's Asset Management department is responsible for the asset management and operational services in office, multi-family residential, retail, mixed-use and hotel product types. Our properties are predominately located in the urban regions in Southern California, Northern California, Texas, New York City, Washington D.C., Charlotte, and Chicago. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Greet prospects and qualify by covering all criteria (ask questions; utilize completed guest cards, etc.).
- Immediately record all telephone and in-person visits on appropriate reports.
- Files own guest cards and maintain according to established procedures.
- Inspect models and available “market ready”, communicate related service needs to Property Manager.
- Demonstrate community and apartment/model and apply product knowledge to clients needs by communicating the features and benefits; close the sale.
- Have prospect complete application and secure deposit in accordance with the company procedures and Fair Housing requirements.
- Update availability report, process applications for approvals. (i.e., credit check, rental history, etc.) Submit processed applications to the Community Manager for approval. Follow up with applicant regarding status.
- Ensure apartment is ready for resident to move-in on agreed date.
- Immediately follow-up on prospects that did not close and attempt to close sale again. If unable to help prospect, refer them to sister communities to meet prospect's needs.
- Secure new resident's signature(s) on appropriate paperwork prior to move-in. Orient new residents to community.
- Assist in monitoring renewals. Distribute and follow-up on renewal notices.
- Monitor advertising effectiveness. Gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Accept rental payments and give immediately to Assistant Community Manager.
- Type lease and complete appropriate paperwork and input information on Yardi System accurately and on a timely basis. Review with the Community Manager prior to obtaining signatures.
- Maintain current resident files.
- Maintain and record daily inspections for the community.
- Distribute all company or community-issued notices.
- Maintain accurate monthly commission records on leases and renewals for bonus purposes.
- Assist management team with other various tasks as required.
- Consistently implement policies of the community
- Receive all telephone calls and in-person visits. Listen to resident requests, concerns and comments.
- Quickly complete maintenance Service Request and inform the maintenance team. Answer questions for residents about community, repairs, rent, rules, etc. Follow up on a timely basis if unable to respond to residents on all matters.
- Ensure all maintenance repairs are handled satisfactorily by contacting residents with completed Service Requests on a weekly basis.
- Maintain open communication with Property Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
- Contribute to cleanliness and curb appeal of the community on continuing basis.
- Assist in planning resident functions. Attend functions and participate as host for any functions as directed by the Community Manager
- Participate in outreach marketing activities on a regular basis to obtain prospective residents.
- Advise residents of referral concessions (if permitted).
- Assist in placing, removing/updating banners, balloons, bandit signs, flags, etc.
- Distribute newsletters, pamphlets, flyers, etc.
- Conduct market surveys and shop competitive communities
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2 years minimum related experience working in a residential leasing capacity.
- Familiar with New York laws
Apply on company website