Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500+ theatres in the U.S. and Latin America.
Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, "One Guest at a time." Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. *Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details*
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Growth Opportunities
- Parental Leave
- Health Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Insurance
What is a Sushi Cook?
We are excited to be bringing great food to our guests, and foster a fun, high-energy, fast-paced environment. As a Sushi Cook, you will be responsible for following recipes to build and execute all types of sashimi, nigri, maki and classic rolls. Candidates must have a strong desire to pursue culinary in the future or prior restaurant experience. You will work in front of guests while preparing foods at the sushi bar and ensuring a fun and inviting experience. You should also possess high energy, be outgoing, and be a quality driven team player.
A Day in the Life of a Sushi Cook:
- Preparation of all types of sushi line in accordance with approved recipes and portion controls
- May also be cross trained and learn skills in other kitchen areas as needed
- Assists in maintaining prep lists
- Maintains the initial set-up, breakdown, sanitation and cleanliness of prep workstation and service units
- Adheres to Cinemark policies and procedures to minimize food waste, theft, and ensure proper food storage, food requisitions, safety and sanitation
- Cleans food preparation area and equipment after each use
- Helps conduct regular inspections of the kitchen and other outlets to ensure that all preventative maintenance, safety, sanitation, and all other standard operation policies and procedures are met
What You Will Need to Have:
- Availability to work flexible shifts which include evening hours, weekends, and holidays
- Preferred prior work experience as a Sushi Cook or with sushi products
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities.
- Ability to effectively and regularly speak, read and write in and/or compered in English
- This position interacts directly with our guests so strong guest relations skills are necessary. Must present a clean, neat, and professional appearance while using a courteous manner with all guests, however maintaining a sense of urgency in executing items ordered for entire restaurant
- Ability to obtain a health card or food handlers permit is essential (where required)
- Ability to proficiently prepare food for consumption with background knowledge of proper techniques and equipment to be used. Must be able to clearly explain how food is prepared, cooked, and served to guests. Knowledge of industry standards on food storage and handling techniques. Advanced knife skills a plus.
What Physical and Environmental Requirement You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater.
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website