Headquartered in Plano, TX, Cinemark Holdings, Inc. is a leader in the motion picture exhibition industry with 500+ theatres in the U.S. and Latin America.
Join Our Team!
Do you enjoy working together as a team to accomplish major goals? Join Cinemark to utilize and expand your skills! We are dedicated to making the movie experience memorable, "One Guest at a time." Our world class talent creates a warm and friendly culture through shared values.
What We Can Offer You:
Every team member deserves the star treatment! Each career comes with a variety of benefits for both hourly and salaried team members. *Benefits may vary by career category, see career listing for exact details*
Paid Time Off
What is an Usher?
An Usher will create a welcome environment for Customers. They will assist and direct Customers to their destination. This individual will provide movie and theatre information while ensuring a quality listening and viewing experience. They will implement auditorium management. An usher will keep theatre property clean and free of debris. They will maintain order and prevent panic in a crisis.
The Usher may also be asked to cross-train and work as the Box Office Cashier, Concessionist, or Restaurant Worker, as staffing needs require. As a result, Employee must also be able to perform the essential job functions of those positions.
A Day in the Life of an Usher:
- Greets Customers and visitors
- Announces information (seating availability, promotions, etc.)
- Tears tickets and directs Customers to an auditorium
- Helps Customers find seats and invites Customer seating changes when the auditorium is full
- Monitors auditorium for unruly behavior and movie presentation and sound quality
- Cleans auditorium between each showing
- Keeps theatre property clean and free from debris (lobby, aisles, restrooms, auditoriums, exits, parking lot, etc.)
- Changes marquee information when needed
- Instructs and calms Customers in the event of an emergency
- Transports supplies to and from storage rooms
- Assists in the maintenance of the theatre (replacing light bulbs, cleaning walls, doors, mirrors, etc.)
- Consistently ensures and promotes adherence of proper social distancing guidelines.
- Consistently identifies and sanitizes employee high contact areas within/around our podium, game room & customer service area(s); countertops, point of sale equipment (smart podiums), ticket printers, kiosks, and entry door handles.
- Consistently wipes down and sanitizes customer high contact areas within our auditoriums such as entry door handles, handrails, armrests/cupholders, seat backs/buckets, and recliner operation buttons.
- Consistently wipes down and sanitizes customer high contact areas within our restrooms, entry door handles, sink faucets, urinal/commode flush handles, etc.
- Properly utilizes personal protective equipment while completing position specific tasks.
- Ability to adapt to the frequency and scope of required cleaning tasks.
- Watches for safety or security issues (trip hazards, lighting, suspicious persons, etc.) and reports to management
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned by management
What You Will Need to Have:
- Availability to work flexible shifts which include evening hours, weekends, and holidays
- Requires regular and consistent attendance
- Ability to communicate with all ages, genders, and personalities
- Ability to effectively and regularly converse in and comprehend in English
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and to be able to move quickly
- Requires the ability to reach at different levels
- Ability to speak clearly and to hear or lip-read adequately
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Must be at least 16 years of age
What Physical and Environmental Requirements You Will Need to Have:
- Frequent bending, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking and reaching around the theater
- Noise level may be moderate to high at times
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
DISCLAIMER: This job description is intended only as a general guideline of your duties and responsibilities at Cinemark and is not a legally binding contract. Cinemark reserves the right to amend, change or terminate the job description, as it deems appropriate. Any change amendments, or modifications may be implemented even though they have not been communicated, reprinted or substituted in this job description.
All Cinemark theatres are designated smoke-free workplaces. This includes vapor, electronic, conventional, cigars, etc.
Cinemark USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website