1. Selects vendors, negotiates costs and terms for products and develops schematics by applying category management principles in accordance with the departments strategic objectives.
2. Increases sales revenues by developing promotional concepts and overlay programs; develops category plans.
3. Establishes and monitors gross margins by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products and determining placement and promotions.
4. Projects and measures category sales and gross profit results by developing and maintaining records of item cost, retail and gross margin dollars.
5. Maintains external vendor relations by providing direction, guidance and information; resolving concerns.
6. Recommends changes in products, service and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
7. Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Allocates program costs by preparing operational and risk reports for analyses.
8. Maintains staff by assisting in recruiting, selecting and orienting employees. Maintains staff job results by training coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
9. Increases professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks; or participating in professional societies.
10. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing Financial and Key Result Area targets pursuant to Company plan guidelines.
1. Bachelor's degree in advertising, business or related field preferred. Other combinations of job related experience and education that meet the requirements may be substituted.
2. Three years of experience or more preferred in merchandising; including experience in management responsibility.
3. Expertise in MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word preferred.
4. May require up to 30% of travel.
Physical Requirements: The physical requirements described here are examples of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered that might assist those individuals with disabilities in order to perform the essential task and duties.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and/or hear. The employee frequently is required to use his/her hands in order to handle or grasp items of varying weight. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with both hands and arms.
Work Environment: The work environment described below is an example of those an employee will experience while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be considered that might assist those individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks and functions of their job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at a normal range.
The lighting will include natural light from the outside as well as fluorescent lighting throughout the work areas.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS REFLECT THE GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS / DUTIES AND /OR RESPONSIBILITIES NECESSARY TO IDENTIFY THE JOB AND ARE NOT NECESSARILY INTENDED TO SET FORTH ALL OF THE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
NOTE: This Job Description may change periodically as required by business necessity, with or without advance notice to employees.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility:
Apply on company website