This position provides support to the Development Managers and others in the Real Estate team by researching, analyzing, modeling and creating proposal packages for management approval to acquire property for new development and/or the rebuilding of facilities to meet the strategic needs of the company. This includes new to industry stores, raze & rebuilds of existing stores, relocation of existing stores, and the acquisition of competitive stores.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with the Real Estate and Operations Teams to execute against the Real Estate Market Plan to expand upon network of stores.
- Works with Operations to develop initial sales projections for the development of remodeled/new/relocated stores.
- Researches for potential site acquisition opportunities, including, but not limited to: ownership, legal records, zoning, traffic information, permitting regulations, competition intrusion, and comparable sales. Collaborates with land owners, real estate brokers, developers, development consultants, as well as city, county and state officials to obtain information about potential or existing sites.
- Actively researches and monitors the growth plans of competitors; maintains a database listing and mapping of those growth plans, both confirmed and/or rumored.
- Builds Excel Model proposals to justify new to industry, raze & rebuild, relocation and single site acquisition opportunities, utilizing a template developed by Circle K in conjunction with the construction team.
- Shadow Real Estate Development Managers in a training capacity to learn the skills and tasks involved in site selection, contract negotiation, and the development process.
- Manage the Circle K real estate GIS platform.
- Coordination and communication between the Real Estate team, Construction team, brokers and Legal team on tracking of LOIs and contracts.
- Coordination and communication with the Real Estate team, Legal team and title company on all contractual and title matters including but not limited to title commitment, title insurance, critical dates and platting.
- Management of project dates and documents within Smartsheet or similar database.
- Coordination with Real Estate and Construction and the Civil and Architectural design teams to insure clear communications regarding the development of NTIs, Relocations, & Raze/Rebuild projects from the pre-acquisition phase through the entitlement phase of the project.
- Monitor the progress of all contract and entitlement activities on a regular basis and attend regular status meetings with Real Estate and Construction and the Civil and Architectural design teams to ensure projects are moving forward along with updating both the Director of Real Estate and Director of Construction on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate obtaining the preliminary and final cost estimates from the Construction Managers and consultants to assist the Real Estate team in the development approval package process.
- Work with Real Estate team and the development consultants in managing the soft cost development budget to ensure all expenses are within the approved project budget.
- Coordinate with the Real Estate Construction, Licensing, Fuel, Accounting and other internal departments throughout the entitlement process to insure transparency between departments on project status, requesting, obtaining and providing all necessary data.
- Coordinate the pre-construction meeting with the Construction Manager and awarded general contractor regarding all pertinent information obtained during the development process: Site specific development coordination with seller, developer, and/or governing permitting authorities.
- Communicate effectively with both internal departments and external contractors and suppliers when revisions and/or addendums are required.
- Review and approve invoices pertaining to the development process.
- Other related work as assigned by Director of Real Estate.
Job duties may change with or without advance notice.
- Degree in Real Estate, Business, Finance, or related field with 2 to 4 years experience in commercial real estate anaylsis and market research.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating System and a strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong knowledge or aptitude to quickly learn, navigate, and use GIS/desktop mapping packages and other real estate software as needed. Includes CoStar, Site To Do Business (STDB), Google Earth, GIS system, various County GIS & Recorder's department websites, and more.
- Ability to effectively analyze and evaluate information to make decisions, solve problems and achieve goals.
- Strong communication skills to read, listen, understand and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to process information including gathering, assessing, coding, organizing, auditing and verifying data.
- Strong negotiating skills and the ability to critically review legal documents to reflect negotiated transactions.
- Physical Demands: Work requires frequent sitting, standing, walking and use of keyboard/computer. Work requires occasional bending, reaching and lifting/moving up to 35 pounds. Work also requires driving and some light traveling. Work is subject to tight deadlines and interruptions can be stressful.
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment with little or no exposure to adverse working conditions. Work may occasionally include long hours (early mornings, late evenings), weekends, and overnights. The position requires automobile travel, and possible air travel, with field work across California, Oregon & Washington.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility:
Apply on company website