Florida BU - Region 03 - Market 04: 439 S Duncan Dr, Tavares, Florida 32778-3746
The position includes, but is not limited to, the following essential job duties, responsibilities and requirements:
Merchandising: Monitors and ensures that product areas are stocked, rotated and displayed to ensure freshness, appeal and easy customer access.
- Complies with company guidelines for maximizing sales, profitability and customer service by ensuring all grocery deliveries are accurate, stocked, attractively displayed and priced correctly.
- Completes build-to's for ordering/purchasing merchandise.
- Maintains inventory by checking in delivery, pricing items, stocking merchandise according to schematic.
- Deliveries are validated by verifying invoices; reviewing discrepancies with Store Manager; delivers outdated merchandise to Store Manager to ensure what the store is being charged verifies with what was delivered.
- Prepares displays by assembling, dating and price marking in-store displays.
Customer Satisfaction: Provides prompt excellent customer service in a courteous, friendly and attentive manner.
- Greets customers as they enter the area and thanks customers as they leave.
- Resolves or assists to resolve routine customer concerns within established guidelines.
- Reports to work on time and follows the dress and appearance code.
Facility Condition: Maintains safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Sweeping and mopping or cleaning floors.
- Dusting and/or washing windows, counters, displays, store areas and bathrooms.
- Picking up and disposing of trash, litter or debris.
- Inspect store facilities and equipment for safety, cleanliness, and proper working order.
- Cleaning/checking equipment including the coffee machines; beverage, ice or other refrigeration units; and other machines, tools and work aids used.
- Attends job-related meetings (may be required to work irregular hours).
- Assists in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits.
- Maintains intradepartmental work flow by fostering a spirit of cooperation.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs all duties with minimal supervision.
- Provides regular and predicable onsite attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
- Minimum age of 16 years old.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience in retail sales preferred.
- Ability to work as scheduled including arriving to work on time.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to perform the four (4) basic arithmetic operations (add, subtract, multiply and divide) preferred.
- Ability to perform essential duties and physical functions described below.
- Ability to work in the conditions described below.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Physical activity inventory of the position includes:
- Ability to be exposed to cold or warm temperature extremes performing occasional work in a walk-in cooler and/or freezer and outdoors
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead (i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels)
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds from ground to waist (i.e., to replenish fountain syrups).
- Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands for entire shift. (This handwork requires eye-hand coordination.)
- Ability to push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e., utilizing a hand-truck)
- Able to reach overhead for objects
- Ability to bend and twist at waist
- Ability to communicate orally
- Ability to operate a cash register and/or computer keyboard
- Ability to stoop, kneel, squat, bend, push, and pull
- Ability to work alone
- Be exposed to occasional noise
- Ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift
- May require climbing a ladder to store and retrieve materials or place and remove signs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Working conditions inventory of the position includes:
- Perform approximately 95% of all work indoors, but will be required to clean parking lots, gas pumps, take out garbage, etc.
- Take out the garbage during the day or early evening hours, etc.
- Exposure to extreme cold temperatures while performing occasional work in a walk in cooler and/or freezer
- Exposure to occasional noise
- Work with minimum direction and periodic supervision
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGMENT
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed in this position and it is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all the duties, responsibilities, functions and qualifications required of the position. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties and will be evaluated, in part, on performance of the tasks listed in this job description. As with all positions, the responsibilities and duties of this position may change. The Company reserves the right to revise this Job Description at any time with or without notice. This Job Description does not constitute a contract for employment and either the incumbent or the Company may terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the applicationCircle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company's Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility:
Apply on company website