Job Details: WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for the day-to-day interaction with customers of the Commercial Real Estate Division. They are the primary contact person and resolve operations issues that may from time to time arise. This person actively engages in meaningful conversations with customers to ensure that solutions are suggested/provided that meet the ongoing operational issues. As the operational expert for the customer they will be positioned to proactively engage/partner with the Line of Business. This person will also be instrumental as a liaison with other internal departments to provide the operational excellence to customers. This person has strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Real Estate Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Real Estate Banking group. Be part of the team that provides a comprehensive array of banking products and services to experienced real estate developers and investors including, but not limited to, acquisition, construction, bridge and permanent financing of commercial real estate. Product types include: Multifamily, Industrial, Office, Retail, Self-Storage, Senior Housing, and For-Sale Housing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Works directly with customers in handling all areas of operations (e.g., new account request, wires, CDs, treasury management products, pro-formas, account analysis reviews, investments, etc.) to free Relationship Managers from performing these duties. Provide accurate, timely and extensive information to all customer inquiries and requests to ensure retention of existing profitable clients.
- Review and approve Daily Risk reports e.g. large deposits to determine if immediate credit is warranted based on knowledge of clientele, average account balance, account history and other risk related factors within assigned approval limits. Review and approve account transfers, overdrafts, outgoing wires, past due overdraft protection and waivers of fees within specified authority limit. Escalates exceptions on overdraft, immediate credit and uncollected funds in use, "UCF" to the appropriate level within the timeline as designated by policy. Certifies that the monthly uncollected funds report has been reviewed and approved within the established timeline.
- Maintains complete knowledge of all banking services and products, Deposit Control Account Agreement and CNB Control Accounts including a general understanding of the credit products and the credit process.
- Develops new business through referrals and existing clients in Salesforce. Responsible for monthly tracking and monitoring individual opportunities including reporting results to Management in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides assistance and coverage for all operations-related activity within the Division. Participates in regular team meetings; these meeting provide an overview of operational issues, policies and best practices. Maintains and awareness of marketplace products, practices, rates and changes to ensure the Division capitalizes on competitive opportunities.
- Complies fully with all bank risk management, operational and credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, City National Code of conduct, etc.) Assists Deposit Team Manager in performing the annual self-assessed operations review for the Division.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as PRIDE, CustomerFirst, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 3 years banking operations experience Required
- 3 years client services experience Required
- 2 years Microsoft Office experience Required
Skills and Knowledge
- Prefer 3 years with direct day-to-day depository commercial relationship banking experience
- Prefer 3 years with direct responsibility for reviewing deposits and approving deposits for immediate credit or place hold as well as reviewing and approving account overdrafts.
- Prefer 2 year servicing top tier clients, both by phone and in-person at their location in order to determine optimal banking solutions for the client.
- Prefer Commercial Real Estate experience and the ability to work well with Relationship Managers and business line partners.
- Prefer Bachelors Degree
- Thorough knowledge of all bank products and services.
- Ability to handle the largest, most complex and sensitive account relationships.
- Strong operational knowledge.
- Good leadership skills with emphasis on planning, organizing and scheduling.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Salesforce experience
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
#CR-JREqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website