Job Details: ASSOCIATE RELATIONSHIP MANAGER- FOOD & BEVERAGE, NATIONAL CORPORATE BANKING
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Food & Beverage, National Corporate Banking ("F&B") division is a national platform that partners with upper middle market and mid corporate companies and private-equity firms that operate and invest into the Food & Beverage sector. Transactions types include cash flow, asset-backed, asset-based and uni-tranche loans >$25.0 million.
The Associate Relationship Manager ("ARM") is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and growing a portfolio of client relationships within the Food & Beverage industry. The role supports the Sr. Relationship Manager ("RM") and various team members of the F&B business segments as needed. The ARM will be active in supporting the RM with their new business origination efforts. In addition, the ARM will take a lead responsibility in preparing credit screening memos. The ARM requires thorough knowledge of the bank's products and services with emphasis on servicing complex business clients banking needs. Works independently and functions as a liaison between client, RM and other banking units.
National Corporate Banking Division
As a member of the National Corporate Banking group, you will help to bring extensive industry knowledge to commercial clients in specialized segments and deliver an unmatched level of service. National Corporate Banking is comprised of several industry focused teams of experienced bankers with niche market knowledge and niche financial proficiency, promoting solutions rather than products.
The Corporate Banking group works closely with other RBC Group divisions to partner on joint financing opportunities. These divisions include RBC Capital Markets - Investment Banking, Leveraged Finance, M&A Advisory and Equity/Debt Capital Markets.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Calls on existing or prospective clients to discuss and promote all Bank products and services in order to establish a total client banking relationship. Discusses opportunities and general business conditions; may assist in forecasting clients' credit needs and other banking needs to develop solutions to serve their financial needs. Partner with internal product specialists, as necessary.
- Prepare client presentations in support of the RM business development activities.
- Support due diligence efforts, including analyzing confidential information memoranda, lender presentations, complex raw data and financial statements provided by private equity firms, investment banks and/or prospective borrowers.
- Facilitate the preparation of credit screening memos, including specific qualitative and quantitative content around the company, industry and transaction.
- Spread historical financial statements, analyze and explain the pertinent trends/drivers.
- Ensure conformance with Bank policy and regulatory requirements. Exercise sound credit and risk judgment in recommending and approving transactions. Ensures the quality of all business introduced to the Bank.
- Relationships in portfolio may contain accounts requiring extensive operational expertise to manage workflow to match client needs, risk control and maximize cross-selling potential.
- Pro-actively identifies develops and builds NEW profitable relationships with clients consistent with the objectives of National Corporate Banking and CNB to retain and deepen client relationships.
- Actively works with existing clients and develops prospects consistent with the National Corporate Banking business strategy to expand existing relationships and deposits to the Bank.
- Conducts meetings, following-up and coordinating resources, administration and managerial tasks, participating and contributing expertise in meaningful bank task force committees, completing all bank required training courses.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 2 years of financial services experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of credit experience required
Skills and Knowledge
- Solid understanding of all CNB products and services applicable to target client segment.
- Must be available to respond to clients in a timely manner and available for out of state client time difference.
- Good knowledge of National Corporate Banking policies and procedures, and Bank operations & operating policies and procedures.
- Effective sales and marketing abilities.
- Capable of working well independently and in teams.
- Has the ability to work autonomously in making sound business decisions and exercises appropriate level of authority commensurate with experience and responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong demonstrated sales and marketing abilities including cross selling skills.
- Superior client relationship skills.
- Excellent risk management knowledge
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. #CA-TT #LI-TT Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website