CLIENT CARE SPECIALIST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Client Care Specialist is responsible for responding to and handling a broad range of complex operational issues for all CNB client levels and all levels of bank colleagues, delivering an exceptional client service experience aligned with our City National Brand promise. Manage client conversations with a focus on quality. Independently analyze and resolve complex operational problems on clients' accounts. Independently handle issues for deposits, savings, loan, credit cards, ATM/check cards, CDs, IRAs and wire transfers and processes transactions requests as needed. Provides 1st tier technical and navigational assistance for CNB's online personal products and services to external/internal clients Provide guidance to clients on issues requiring immediate attention. Inform Client Contact Center Management of potential problem situations and issues requiring escalation. Provide feedback from clients to Client Contact Center Management regarding service quality, products, services, client impacting issues and fee concerns. Review online manuals and Call Contact Center Reference Guide (CCRG) to ensure adherence to policy and procedures. Identify suspicious calls or situations requiring escalation and follows established procedures to ensure clients personal and account information is safe and secure.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Responds to and handles a broad range of complex operational issues from Crystal, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Cornerstone level clients and all levels of bank personnel for all City National Bank branches and departments. May handle up to 12 different skills (Standard, Elite, CNO, Technical Support, Credit Cards, Crystal Infinite Cards, Apple Pay, Fraud Support, Loans, Marketing, Online Application Support, and Spanish) in a high volume fast-paced telephone and technical environment.
- Provides 1st tier technical and navigational assistance for CNB's online personal products and services to external/internal clients.
- Manages client conversations with a focus on quality. Independently analyzes and resolves complex operational problems on clients' accounts. Independently handles issues for deposits, savings, loan, credit cards, ATM/check cards, CDs, IRAs and wire transfers.
- Processes transactions requests such as credit card and loan payments, address change requests, and forwarding maintenance requests to other back-office teams for review and processing.
- Reviews online manuals to ensure adherence to policy and procedures. Remains updated on Bank policies and procedures, new products and services, regulatory compliance and fee changes.
- Resolves clients' complaints and diffuses unsatisfied clients. Provides guidance to clients on issues requiring immediate attention, including complaints, forgeries, lost/stolen cards or checks or passwords/user IDs, processing issues, online/mobile or Apple Pay and Android Pay enrollment, account inquiries, product and services suggestions, etc. Informs Client Care Leads and Client Contact Center Management of potential problem situations and issues requiring escalation. Escalates issues to Client Care Lead, Client Contact Center Management and Relationship Manager, as necessary.
- Processes telephone transfers in CNtricity within assigned limits and processing authority. Educates clients regarding Transfer Approval Form and VRU setups to expedite the processing of telephone transfers. Assists in processing faxed telephone transfers and stop payments on a continual basis. Manages service cases for client issues they are working on. Knowledge of and ability to effectively use soft phone technology to answer client calls from our ACD.
- Assists Client Contact Center Management in meeting service levels by monitoring calls in queue and remaining available on the phone throughout the day.
- Supports Marketing Department campaigns to existing and prospective clients regarding written and email communications. Utilizes available marketing sales tools, such as the Communication Calendar and/or Salesforce to determine offer and connects any new business prospect or existing client with the appropriate Relationship Manager. Authorizes service charge reversals due to bank error or approved by an RM, within established limits based on analysis of request and use of sound decision making.
- Assists in screening calls for Executive Management and connecting callers appropriately following our executive warm transfer procedures.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operations and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes other related work as assigned.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of Contact Center Experience
- Minimum 2 years of Banking Experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of banking operations including debit and credit cards, deposits, wire transfer, lost/stolen checks and cards, telephone transfers, stop payments, marketing support, new business referrals.
- Knowledge of mobile and online banking, Apple Pay or digital wallets, smart phones, tablets, and remote deposit capture, and online bill payment.
- Experience with Contact Center technologies including ACD, VRU, and softphones, as well as Contact Center applications/systems.
- Strong customer service skills. Ability to remain calm and composed when dealing with challenging and highly charged situations.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Windows desktop operating systems and MAC a plus.
- Must have the ability to function independently to research and resolve complex issues effectively.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced Contact Center environment while solving problems and finding solutions to meet our clients' expectations and needs.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website