CREDIT OFFICER II REB
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Relationship Managers ("RM's"). Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Pro-actively works to ensure the credit quality standards of the Bank are maintained. Prepares credit write-ups and ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit requests and/or other approval documents are granted.
Real Estate Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Real Estate Banking group. Be part of the team that provides a comprehensive array of banking products and services to experienced real estate developers and investors including, but not limited to, acquisition, construction, bridge and permanent financing of commercial real estate. Product types include: Multifamily, Industrial, Office, Retail, Self-Storage, Senior Housing, and For-Sale Housing.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Reviews financial information; may fully document write-ups or other approval documents consistent with Bank format, policies and procedures; determines sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors. Ensures write-ups or other approval documents contain a well-supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly. May review loan packages and provide recommendations and/or feedback to RED Management.
- Works with RM or contacts borrowers directly, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
- Authors credit approval memorandum, and as necessary, works with the RM in evaluating credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits to ensure that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards.
- Performs financial reviews of client's financial condition per Credit Policy guidelines including monitoring covenants and conditions pursuant to the loan documents. Takes a proactive approach toward resolution. Escalates potential credit issues to RM, Regional Manager and/ or Credit Manager.
- Works directly with the RM manage deal flow.
- May attend client meetings at RM's request.
- Completes all required training. Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 5 years of commercial real estate credit underwriting experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
Skills and Knowledge
- College degree in Business Administration or a related field and/or a minimum of five to seven years' experience in underwriting medium sized commercial real estate loans of moderate scope and complexity which requires strong technical expertise and knowledge of commercial credit principles, financial concepts and regular use of ingenuity and creativity in solving moderately complex credit problems.
- Solutions are thorough, and require analysis, interpretation, and evaluation of financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns.
- Prepares recommendations regarding approval or denial of applications exceeding posted standards.
- Complete understanding of commercial real estate credit policies and procedures.
- Wide application of credit principles and concepts.
- Strong credit analysis and accounting skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making. with the ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
#CA-BD1Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website