CREDIT OFFICER I PB
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Participates in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Private Bankers. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of borrowers. Validates the credit analysis prepared by the Credit Analysts and provides opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Private Banking Division
As a member of City National's Private Banking group, you will help deliver tailored financial solutions to high- and ultra-high-net-worth families, select professional services firms and select nonprofits. Exceptional, customized service and integrated solutions and strategies, investment management, trust and wealth planning set this team apart.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Review loan application and financial information; evaluate and determine credit structure and terms; fully underwrite CRR consistent with Bank format, policies and procedures; determine sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors. Ensure CRR contains a well supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating is correct and supported; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Attend client meetings at PB, Sales Manager, or Credit Manager's request to facilitate delivery of credit product and/or assist in problem resolution. Contact borrowers directly, for additional information and details related to loan request or clarification of financial materials and resources.
- Provide balanced and appropriate credit guidance to PB and Sales Manager and collaborate in determining appropriate credit strategy.
- Provide credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Author credit approval memorandum.
- Provide input to the PB and Sales Manager when loan pricing does not appear to reflect inherent risk in subject transaction. Pricing may be either too high or too low. Restructure loans and/or lines of credit as required. Assumes accountability for minimizing Bank losses.
- Perform periodic financial reviews of client's financial condition including monitoring covenants and conditions. Take a proactive approach toward resolution. Escalate potential credit issues to New Business Credit Team Leader and/or Credit Manager.
- Have primary role in early problem loan identification and the timely and accurate changes in loan grades. Monitor and take initiative to respond to past dues based on information provided by the PCA.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confer with the Credit Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- May coordinate loan documentation including work with legal, CLC, or other outside counsel to obtain the correct, accurate documents to ensure all loan are documented to fully protect the Bank's interests in the credit relationship. Review collateral periodically to minimize credit exposure.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 3 years of credit underwriting experience required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required
- Must be in good standing under “The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008” (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the “Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry”; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 8 years of experience in credit underwriting.
- Working knowledge of credit, accounting, credit policy and financial statement analysis.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to present clear and precise recommendations based
- upon analysis for action on loans and loan treatments.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website