Job Details: DATA GOVERNANCE ANALYST SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? The Data Governance Senior Analyst works within Data Governance function to execute a successful enterprise-wide the data governance functions across business areas. This is accomplished through implementation of data standards, procedures, data governance oversight, and other solutions. Actively engage and partner with business data stewards, data owners, data custodians, and IT teams.
Risk Management Division
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Execution of the Data Governance capabilities and operations management as outlined in data strategy
- Coordinates with operational and reporting data stewards to create data controls, identify measurement definitions, and manage using dashboards.
- Maintains enterprise data policy for governing data and actively measures compliance to the data policy for critical data and reports.
- Document various governance roles and responsibilities then educate data stewards, data owners and data custodians
- Maintains ongoing communication with data stewards to ensure critical data issues are communicated timely for remediation.
- Collaborates with the Data stewards, data custodians and report developers to ensure consistent use and maintenance of data definitions, authorized data sources, and calculations. Additionally, enlists business unit support to take ownership and responsibility for consistent definitions and quality of their data.
- Collaborates with the Data Stewards, Architecture, and Information Technology to prioritize and resolve: data sourcing, business rules, data aggregation, data distribution, and data consumption.
- Ensures operational data stewards define and maintain: data definitions, descriptions, set values, quality rules, and calculations in the business glossary.
- Establishes and maintains programs to monitor and measure data governance adoption and achievements.
- Responsible for maintaining a library of enterprise critical reports with associated reporting metadata.
- Documents and maintains data governance activities, maintains logs, and records issues and corresponding resolutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data-related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Produce data governance dashboards on a recurring basis
- Enroll data owners, data stewards and data custodians around active management of critical data and key issues
- Manage documentation as well as remediation of key data issues
- Execute a reliable second-line-of defense process via documented processes, controls, templates, and rigors
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 3 years of experience with providing data governance function and related operations
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience
- Minimum 3 years of consultancy and facilitation skills
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Information Systems or Business Administration. Master's Degree in a related field is strongly desired.
- Prefer 3 years of banking experience, preferably in regulatory reporting or credit.
- Knowledge of information access and delivery methods, analytics applications and tool portfolio, data sourcing and integration methods. Understanding of data warehouse, ETL, data cleansing, and architecture.
- Strong understanding and background of the FR Y-14M and FR Y-14Q CCAR reporting preferred.
- Experience with CCAR reporting and/or credit risk analytics preferred.
- Experience working and effectively collaborating with reporting, operations and technology teams.
- Familiarity with operational and support environment issues.
- Must be driven, operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement.
- Strong critical thinking ability and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal/written communication skills and strong project management skills.
- Experience consulting with senior management
- Thorough knowledge and operational skills in the Data Governance
- Thorough knowledge of personal computers and various software packages, including Excel and Word.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website