Job Details: DATA REPORTING ANALYST SENIOR FIRST LINE DEFENSE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Responsible for providing support to the Risk and Compliance leadership team by providing data reporting needs. Produce intelligence through querying data repositories, generating periodic reports, and identifying risk trends through quantitative and qualitative analysis. Furthermore, responsible for preparing documentation and presentation for Senior Management.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Establish and maintain a reporting framework to support the monitoring and management of risk and control assurance activities for applicable 1LOD Risk catagories, as well as other ERM related programs and initiatives.
- Act as a subject matter expert in risk and control reporting for the team by providing education and understanding of reports and outputs to risk/control teams and others, as needed.
- Engage with direct manager, internal and external stakeholders to understand needs and ensure reporting and outputs are in alignment to key risk programs
- Design, implement and maintain intuitive dashboards that deliver valuable insights for enabling data-driven decision making.
- Conduct on-going analysis of the business, operating practices, and data flows within and between various systems and applications
- Foster and maintain good working relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Analyze and report risk profile, control performance, and benchmark process performance against Key Risk Indicators, highlighting any exceptions or areas of concern
- Ability to build quarterly executive presentation based on aggregated view for all divisions under the Centralized Risk and Compliance unit and other materials as needed
- Discover patterns, insights, trends and anomalies from straightforward analyses, data sets and visualization tools.
- Understands concepts of data lineage and data stewardship in order to develop effective data analytics that provide the insights.
- Execute basic analyses (e.g. descriptive) and create simple visualization using standard tools.
- Identify data quality issues and concerns and support data governance initiatives
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamically changing environment.
- Stays abreast on specific reporting standards, department reporting requirements and bank system changes/enhancements.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree In Data Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Computational Biology/Binformatics or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a data analysis role
- Minimum 5 years of experience with SAS or SQL, or other data management, reporting and query tools (Sharepoint, SAP, Business Objects, Tableau, Crystal reports/Dashboard, etc)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in banking/operations
Skills and Knowledge
- Master's Degree Preferred
- Experience with writing database queries (i.e. SQL, MySQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL)
- Experience designing and generating scheduled and ad hoc reports using reporting/query tools (i.e. Brio, Toad, SQL Developer, MS Access, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, etc.)
- Must be detail-oriented and possess effective organizational and analytical skills
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of the organization
- Ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website