ENTERPRISE DATA ANALYST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Enterprise Data analyst is a key role responsible for developing and supporting the development activities of various enterprise data initiatives. The Data Analyst will the support the team by examining the data available from an existing information source (e.g. a database or a file extract from Systems of Record) and collect facts that could be used to determine how this existing data can be repurposed. The Data Analyst will also analyze and advise the team on workflow issues and data integrity problems and offers recommendations on resolution.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Data Analysis
- Mapping data sources leveraging both new and existing data sources
- Documenting interfaces and data movement
- Validate integrative views of dataDesigning canonical data views
- Perform extensive data profiling and analysis on current data movement process and procedures
- Identify data patterns, data cleansing, reference data design and recommend models to provide valuable data insights to business users.
- Document related artifacts in accordance to data governance policies, controls and standards
- Work with the data architect to load/create the data dictionary and business glossary with agreed upon terms, metadata, definitions, descriptions, and related values.
- Support all design related activities.
- Define best practices and standards
- Maintain clear documentation to help increase overall productivity
- Data as a Service
- Investigate and prove concepts as Data technologies evolves
- Support ad-hoc requests as requested by management and business partners
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- •3-5 years of hands-on experience with SQL and other data profiling tools and techniques
- •3-5 years' experience in data analysis preferably in a data-intensive financial company.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong SQL Skills
- Experience with data profiling tools like Informatica DQ analyst
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently or within a team for problem resolution
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website