Job Details: FINANCIAL ADVISOR SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Financial Advisor (SFA) serves as Wealth Management's primary point of contact for assigned line of business to develop new business and maintain ongoing relationships with affluent individuals and families within a specific market. Interact with clients, prospects and colleagues on a regular basis providing asset management, financial planning, and brokerage services advice. Less experienced Financial Advisors (FA) will work in tandem with an assigned SFA to provide sales and client and colleague service support coverage. The SFA maintains overall responsibility for the assigned territory and the team's "book of business", with the FA focused on sales, client service responsibilities, and teaming with CNB colleagues for smaller Personal & Business Banking (PBB) wealth management opportunities or client relationships. While an FA's day-to-day activities will be performed independently, the SFA provides mentoring to further develop the FA's sales and relationship management skills. The FA progression can include complete responsibility for all duties associated with non-primary branch locations within the team's
Wealth Management Division: City National Securities
As a member of City National Securities, the company's brokerage services group, you will be part of the exceptional team that caters to investors who prefer to actively manage their investments and make buy/sell decisions. City National Securities offers a full range of investment capabilities, and delivers personalized service to help clients manage their investments with confidence.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Business Development serves as the wealth mgmt. point of contact for Personal & Business Banking (PBB) Bank
- Responsible for revenue production goals related to advisory services and securities products.
- Assist in developing new relationships with PBB Bank through internal sources, from referrals, and through personal community involvement. Create opportunities to develop and promote ideas to win new business and cross sell to existing clients.
- Profile with specific emphasis on discovering investment related needs and solutions in collaboration with PBB colleagues.
- Establish sales calls and travel to attend sales meetings and client and colleague presentations at PBB branch offices and client locations.
- Lead discussions about all aspects of Wealth Management Services and be the primary point of contact for all new investment management opportunities.
- Relationship Management
- Take a lead role in managing investment services by planning, delivery, and regular review with clients.
- Communicate and provide regular updates on all client communications with PBB colleagues.
- Proactively communicate with clients about current conditions in the financial markets, and make necessary adjustments to their investment strategies. Communicate strategic shifts in the marketplace.
- Team effectively with PBB colleagues to set strategies and provide wealth management services across the full product spectrum.
- Analyze financial needs of clients and monitor their ongoing financial and personal circumstances to make adjustments or take action accordingly.
- Responsible for the overall on-boarding process and maintenance of new accounts.
- Ensure all client materials/presentations are prepared and analyzed prior to the scheduled client meeting.
- Provide on-going communication to client regarding adjustments or actions that should be taken.
- Client Portfolio Review and Management
- For Managed Solutions, structure client asset allocation appropriate with client's investment objectives and risk tolerance based on CNAM models.
- Review the assets in each account regularly to ensure that investments meet the client's investment objective and the executed Investment Policy Statement.
- Responsible for the preparation and presentation of the portfolio review materials at client meetings.
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Keep current on client's financial information while ensuring that clients understand the solutions being provided.
- Maintain all appropriate training and continuing education requirements for licenses and certifications.
- Ensure that all required account documentation is collected and completed.
- For Directed Fixed Income portfolios, monitor for corporate and municipal bond concentrations and advise clients regarding appropriate portfolio diversification.
- Comply fully with all Bank and CNS Operational policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Code of Conduct, FINRA, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 5 years of investment related experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in investment sales
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 and 65 or 66
- California Insurance License
Skills and Knowledge
- The SFA shows demonstrated success in an investment product sales role over a multi-year period.
- Strong understanding of financial planning and the investment process including familiarity with mapping clients' investment needs to asset allocation models, structuring client investment portfolios, and portfolio analytics.
- Solid product knowledge and relationship management skills.
- Contributes positive suggestions and demonstrates productive collaboration with line of business partners.
- May possesses a BA or equivalent 8 years of experience in financial services or an MBA and 3-5 years of experience.
- May possess CFP, JD/LLM, CIMA or Cannon Certified Wealth Strategist designation.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 securities licenses and state insurance license required.
- CFP designation highly preferred.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website