INFORMATION SECURITY ARCHITECT I
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? The Information Security Architect plays key role in the Information Security program with responsibility to lead and oversee the design and implementation of the bank'sIdentity and Access Management security architecture. The Information Security Architect is a trusted advisor to senior IT leadership to ensure IT solutions meet secure design principles and that security is embedded in all enterprise IT architectural designs and roadmaps. This role will lead in the identification and selection of enterprise security solutions to achieve the security architectural vision. The architect will create conceptual and technical design artifacts with emphasis on long-term technology planning. The architect will also evaluate enterprise IT designs for their alignment with the enterprise security architecture. The Information Security Architect has a demonstrated mastery in multiple security and non-security technology platforms, with the ability to both lead and advise on the overall designs and strategies of both security and non-security technologies. Along with security platform masters in more than one platform area (SEIM, IDS/IPS, firewall/WAF, access and identity, malware defense, among others), the architect is formally trained in enterprise IT design and architecture practices. The Information Security Architect may be a voting member of the Technology Review Board (TRB) with peer IT architecture specialists who will evaluate the overall fitness and quality of proposed designs within the overall IT environment.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Create high-level conceptual and logical security architecture plans, roadmaps and designs for the security technology portfolio
- Consult, advise or oversee the secure design of key IT system and infrastructure projects to ensure alignment with enterprise security architecture
- Provide thought leadership for major IT implementation decisions
- Forecast enterprise technology investment needs for 1-3 years in line with security architecture roadmaps
- Prepare architectural designs and strategies for key security investments as required
- Lead in the evaluation of enterprise security technology platforms and products
- Engage with key external vendors and partners to identify innovative solutions, keep abreast of security and technology emerging trends, and promote proof-of-concept trials of promising innovative solutions
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree business or computer science or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in Information/Cyber Security field
- Minimum of 10 years' experience as a lead engineer or engineering manager or enterprise IT solutions architect
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated mastery of multiple security platform categories
- Demonstrated experience as lead engineer in solution design and implementation in a complex enterprise IT environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of secure build and configuration standards in a highly regulated environment
- Formalized training in industry-standard architectural frameworks and techniques (e.g. TOGAF, SABSA)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Including a strong ability to create positive and professional business relationships with partner engineering and architecture teams across IT
- Strong commitment to working as a team and providing excellent customer service.
- Master's degree in business or computer science is highly desired.
- Security certifications (CISSP, GSEC, etc.) are highly desired.
- Architecture certifications (TOGAF, DODAF, etc.) are highly desired
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Apply on company website