LD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Perform software development, refine requirements, write, test, debug, maintain, and release test software that instructs a computer to accomplish certain tasks, such as saving information, performing calculations. The Software Engineer may also be responsible for managing software development infrastructure and providing the appropriate level of functional and non-functional documentation to meeting the product and engineering requirements.As necessary, this position may be called upon to assist in performing on-site client work related to consulting projects or provide technical support as required.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a small "start up" group within a larger organization. Exactuals colleagues work hard to support one another in the mission to modernize the payment space, primarily for the entertainment industry, while enjoying the journey together. Exactuals became an RBC / City National company in 2018.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Create viable software products that allow business units to meet company goals and objectives.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software applications.
- Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems related to role.
- Participates in testing process, test review, analysis, witnessing and certification of software.
- Supporting the technical design process by participating in analysis of technical requirements.
- Participating in execution and documentation of tests and test suites.
- Embrace DevOps philosophy of testing and automation.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams.
- Provides technical support to project team members.
- Lead technical design process and analysis of technical requirements.
- Write and submit governance standards/ policies when appropriate.
- Lead others in execution and documentation of tests and testing standards.
- Responsible for product quality, SDLC processes and enforcing policies.
- Shared responsibility for code quality and code review processes.
- Participates and contributes to architectural designs and reviews.
- Research technologies and provide proof of concept.
- Write system documentation and architecture diagrams.
- Act as emergency support team as needed.
- Gather requirements and contribute to bank technology strategy.
- Provide oversight for new technology implementation and design.
- Manage client expectations.
- Make security recommendations.
- Work closely with vendors to implement solutions.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Master's Degree Computer Science
- Minimum 10 years' experience working within Software Product Development.
- Minimum 4 year experience working in a software design or architect capacity.
- Minimum 4 year working with cloud software deployment.
- Minimum 3 year experience working in DevOps environments and implementations.
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive programming experience in across multiple languages
- Expert experience in architectures, SaaS concepts deployments and scale.
- Expert understanding of Software Configuration Management
- Expert understanding of cloud deployments, automation and maintenance.
- Expert understanding of development frameworks, build, test and deployment.
- Expert understanding of application security testing.
- Expert understanding of network architecture.
- Expert understanding of at various software architectures.
- Able to perform complex designs, lead development, assist other in troubleshooting, lead and perform advanced software testing (e.g. load, performance, scalability).
- Ability to provide expert level OS troubleshooting in Windows/Unix environments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Mentors and develops other software Engineers.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships
- Expert understanding of project management methodologies and procedures
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Typically reports to a head of a unit/department.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website