MANAGER LOAN SVC INS/COLLATER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Loan Servicing Manager will serve as a critical member to the Operations Leadership Team providing oversight and delivery of various commercial servicing activities, including managing a centralized loan servicing unit responsible for collateral management, executing commercial demand notices and insurance monitoring. This position will drive a culture of performance and continuous process improvement within the centralized operations support unit to achieve client excellence and exhibit a consistent well controlled environment.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- The Loan Servicing Manager is responsible for leading the operations unit to support the below critical functions: Collateral Management – boarding, servicing and status documentation of illiquid and liquid commercial insured/security based lending collateral, Insurance Placement and Monitoring – documenting and tracking client insurance policies, executing of policy notifications and providing oversight of lender-placed insurance activities and Demand Notifications – analyzing and executing consumer and commercial payment demands
- Develop and maintain a high performing team through effective hiring, coaching, rigorous performance/talent management processes, establishing expectations in relevant job knowledge, experience, professional growth objectives and positive work habits to contribute to objectives set by Lending Operations
- Establish service level expectations by functional role to enforce performance consistency for volume and quality output
- Define, measure and report daily and monthly production performance to ensure all service level and quality expectations are met or exceeded
- Foster a culture for continuous process improvement and introduce new/improved processes to support a delivery model and team structure that maximizes efficiency
- Manage work schedules, vacation/leave and required overtime for members of the servicing operations unit
- Create and promote a high degree of awareness of risk, risk control measurement and compliance policies and procedures among all team members
- Oversee the preparation for and participation in federal examination, independent audits and all internal audits
- Approve or decline servicing requests within approved authority limits to ensure the quality of operations activities remain consistent with the Bank's goals and standards
- Collaborate with external teams on special projects and project implementations supporting servicing activities
- Work closely with lines of business and alternative servicing units to establish a forum of open communication and feedback
- Operate in accordance with federal and state laws and regulations and ensure that all operating procedures are in full ompliance with bank policy. Participate in the development, implementation and adherence of policies and procedures to comply with the Bank's standards, and its regulatory, legal environments.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in related Commercial Operations
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing direct reporting teams
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience of Commercial Lending Operations
- Demonstrated experience of Insurance Monitoring, including Flood
- Demonstrated experience in establishing, managing and reporting on service level performance
- Demonstrated strategic skills that will assist in creating departmental strategies to take on unexpected challenges or heighted workload
- Demonstrated experience with running and understanding performance reporting
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Strong desire to achieve excellence by exploring multiple options to achieve pre-determined objectives
- Strong capability to dissect processes and introduce improvements to workflows, including elimination of manual processes and restructures activity grouping to achieve optimal production output
- Strong performance management skills with demonstrated ability to influence and motivate team members to achieve optimal results
- Ability to build, manage and sustain strong collaborative and productive relationships with business partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website