WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Under the supervision of the CNB IT Platform leadership, the Platform Developer will perform various tasks to deliver IT solutions that exceed customer expectations in content, usability, accuracy, reliability and performance. Specific tasks may consist of solution design and coding, performing unit testing, and providing on-call technical and businesssupport. The position requires a strong knowledge of development methodologies and software tools used during the various SDLC phases of an IT project including exposure to Secure Coding , CI/CD , Agile development and Design thinking.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Participate in projects, implementations, and upgrades
- Function in accordance with the SDLC framework and governance processes
- Assist in the creation of standards, templates and procedures
- Provide input to project plans in collaboration with assigned project lead or manager
- Migrate objects between environments per the established Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Design and Build high quality software
- Ensure work includes necessary audit controls,compliance, and security controls within the design and all deliverables
- Proactively research, present, and make recommendations regarding new features , functionality made available
- Develop test plans and perform unit testing of own work and that of peers
- Conduct peer review sessions
- Develop test plans, use cases and work with clients on user acceptance
- Participate in 24x7 production support
- Create appropriate documentation including but not limited to: functional specs, technical specs, technical diagram,s testing plans, production “run books”, training materials, etc.
- ADDENDUM (Salesforce Developer)
- Experience in architecture ,implementation of Visualforce and Lightening components , API Integration to create custom user experiences in Salesforce.com
- Experience in architecture ,implementation of Standard salesforce features like visual flow, process builder, Salesforce communities etc. to create custom application
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 Years of IT Experience
- Minimum of 3 Year of Platform Development experience (specific platform may be requried based on area of domain)
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Business or related field.(Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement)
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Information Business or related fiel Systems, Engineering
- Preferred Epic certifications in any subject area.
- Appropriate certifications for the area (e.g. Microsoft (MTA, MCSA, MCSE) certifications, Snowpro certifications , Salesforce certificate e
- Experience developing and testing software
- Hands on experience programming software
- Experience with standard SDLC processes and change control disciplines
- Possesses strong communication skills with the ability to present technical details to a non-technical audience both oral and written
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently or within a team for problem resolution
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task and be flexible.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Familiarity with version control, job scheduling and configuration management tools
- Familiarity with secure coding and CI/CD
- Experience in Financial Services Organization
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website