Job Details: SENIOR ADVISOR - FOREIGN EXCHANGE
Location can be at other CNB site (NY, Los Angeles or San Francisco).
This colleague is responsible for meeting sales goals by servicing existing foreign exchange clients, selling new FX services to existing clients as appropriate and, depending on level, identifying and bringing in new clients.
Specialty Banking Division
As a member of the Specialty Banking group, you will help to bring extensive industry knowledge to commercial clients in specialized segments and deliver an unmatched level of service. Specialty Banking is comprised of several teams of experienced bankers with niche market knowledge and niche financial proficiency, promoting solutions rather than products.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provides pricing support and covers for all non-dollar activity per pricing policy. Accepts and monitors take-profit/stop-loss orders for CNB customers. Adheres to bank foreign exchange policies.
- Monitors and supports the bank's efforts to ensure fair and competitive pricing as defined in the FX pricing policy.
- Acts as initial contact for sales of electronic trading systems.
- Interfaces with various operations units to ensure that FX client issues and concerns are addressed.
- Operates as a secondary sales officer facing all avenues of FX business development – both internally with CNB colleagues and externally with prospects
- Consults and works jointly with the FX Sales Manager to develop new strategies for expansion of FX client base to new areas of expertise
- Maintains current knowledge of all bank products and services, analyzes customer needs and cross-sells products to fit those needs.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established bank programs, such as CustomerFirst, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 6 years of experience in Foreign Exchange and/or capital markets sales and analysis
- Minimum 6 years of experience using financial market-related software systems
- Minimum 6 years of experience with FX-credit related processes and procedures
Skills and Knowledge
- Advanced understand of global market dynamics and analysis
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills sufficient to interact with all levels of bank personnel and customers required.
- Excellent interpersonal business development and client relationship skills.
- Utilizes good interpersonal, business development skills to work with Business Development Officers and Relationship Managers to service CNB foreign exchange clients.
- Maintains knowledge required to serve as alternate contact for portfolio of clients for Level III Advisors and Foreign Exchange Manager.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Computer literacy required.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website