SR. ADVISOR - FX/IRRM
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Can be located at one of CNB's sites.
Specialty Banking Division
As a member of the Specialty Banking group, you will help to bring extensive industry knowledge to commercial clients in specialized segments and deliver an unmatched level of service. Specialty Banking is comprised of several teams of experienced bankers with niche market knowledge and niche financial proficiency, promoting solutions rather than products.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Conducting FX/IRRM presentations to clients with the Relationship Manager.
- Determining client eligibility as required by the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Negotiating and finalizing the client term sheet in conjunction with the Relationship Manager.
- Providing an early review of the International Swaps and Derivatives Association (“ISDA”) agreement to a client, if warranted.
- Educating and training prospects, clients, colleagues, and line units with regards to interest rates, foreign exchange, economic and market conditions.
- Strictly adhering to all aspects relating to the management and trading of derivative transactions including: complying with all Bank and Divisional policies and procedures; observing trading and credit limits; meeting customer suitability and documentation requirements
- Develops and maintains a close working relationship with the Bank's line Relationship Managers in order to provide their clients and prospects with appropriate products.
- Develops and maintains close contact with market counterparties and stays abreast on new hedging strategies, opportunities, and market conditions.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum seven years of experience in the field of interest rate risk management and other asset classes including foreign exchange.
- Minimum ten years of experience in the banking or financial services industry.
Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient in Bloomberg and/or Thomson Reuters.
- Solid understanding of economics and capital markets.
- Ability to understand and apply complex financial concepts.
- Possess strong analytical and market research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under time constraints in a fast paced trading environment
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website