SENIOR SOLUTION ARCHITECT
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Senior Solution Architect is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining on-premises and cloud native applications.Participates in improving our SDLC, Engineering, and DevOps practices.
Develops both front-end and back-end solutions. Designs, develops and maintains solutions, and provides technical guidance to other Team Members. Participates in creating SDLC, Architecture, Design and Coding standards. Identifies complex business problems and participates in generating solutions. Identifies performance issues, analyzes root causes and participates in performance improvement activities. Participates in remedying compliance issues. Documents and communicates problems, designs and solutions.
The Opportunity is to work with Fraud/BSA/AML/Anomaly Detection/Data Analytics Technologies to integrate with tools/applications across various channels. Good understanding of Models, Rules, and Machine Learning/AI is helpful.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Collaborate with business partners, architects and other groups to identify complex technical and functional needs of systems
- Collaborate with multiple, enterprise-wide distributed performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications
- Lead the design and development of cross-functional, multi-platform application systems
- Recommend rationalization opportunities throughout the portfolio of applications and systems
- Provide technical guidance to team members and solution architects
- Perform analysis of performance; plan and execute activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support
- Guide and support the implementation, maintenance and updates of CI/CD pipelines on a cloud environment
- Look for opportunities to simplify code, existing or new architectures and vendor dependencies
- Build APIs and UIs that deal with large volume of transactions and involves large data sets for Omni-channel clients
- Own the full lifecycle for software development, from ideation to production
- Provide business analysis skills within broad business areas; as a senior member of a project team participate in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications
- Participate in solution designs to meet technical specifications – guide team members and solution architects
- Create and recommend changes in development standards including design, coding and testing standards
- Analyze and develop data models, logical database designs and data definitions across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 7 years of software development experience including UI as well as middle tier and backend
- Minimum 3 years of solution and application architecture
- Minimum 3 years of experience Microservices/REST APIs Architecture
- Minimum 2 years of experience with BRE/BPM Engines.
- Minimum 3 years of experience incorporating security into the application architecture
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Large application design and implementation experience including architecture and design of modern web, mobile, and integration (cloud/on-premises) platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills is required.
- Experience with Agile development methodology including Scrum, XP, FDD, TDD, and SAFe.
- Extensive experience with API management toolsets, server infrastructure, network infrastructure, caching methodologies, information security, and database technologies
- Proven track record in generating alternative solution approaches and driving a pragmatic trade-off solution
- Significant experience documenting solution designs using a variety of approaches (e.g. using UML)
- SolidExperience with DDD, TDD and BDD - ability to direct and guide the team through these approaches
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and evaluate for fitness into a specific business context through POCs and other evaluations
- Ability to operate and guide the team in all areas of the technology stack - front, middle tier and the backend
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and evaluate for fit into a specific business context through POCs and other evaluations - ability to orchestrate POCs and evaluations
- Ability to review code and suggest refactoring for performance, quality and maintainability and guide the team through related activities
- Experience with following technologies
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
#CA-ADEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website