ENTERPRISE SENIOR ARCHITECT INTGRATION AND TECHNOLOGY
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Integration and Technology Enterprise Architect is responsible for setting technology direction within the Integration & Technology domain across the organization to ensure project and program architectures align to the enterprise vision and target state architecture. Develops, maintains, and enhances system architectures and acts as a technology consultant within IT and the project teams. Influences business and IT to maintain adherence to enterprise and domain level roadmaps and target state architecture. Collaborates with colleagues across CNB to understand user requirements, evaluate technologies, and recommend solution options that enhance the target state technology landscape. Participates in defining, enforcing, and evangelizing enterprise and domain level technology standards, principles, and best practices that support CNB's technology vision and target state. Works with business and IT resources to develop technology roadmaps at the business unit level, and assists in developing strategy, target state architectures, and technology roadmaps at the enterprise level.Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Prepares and consults on system and target state architectures utilizing existing design patterns to develop future state technology solutions.
- Builds reference architectures and drives architectural alignment across the enterprise.
- Establishes design patterns and evangelizes best practices for solution design and development.
- Develop and enforce the Enterprise API management and Microservices strategy for CNB.
- Be an evangelist and advocate for the adoption of API and Microservice architectures across the enterprise.
- Identify critical NFR's and KPI's for API and Microservice runtime consumption.
- Working collaboratively with teams across CNB, identifies, rationalizes, and solidifies solution design requirements.
- Drives software, application, and infrastructure rationalization at the assigned business unit and enterprise level.
- Prepares and presents architecture strategy through analysis of industry trends and future technology advances.
- Participates in the establishment of architecture and development standards formally presenting them through the Architecture Review Council (ARC) or Technology Review Council (TRC) as required.
- Assists in managing risk within the organization through establishing reusable frameworks, processes, and methodologies
- Being an ambassador of Enterprise Architecture supports the vision, principles, and goals of the EA organization.
- Develops executive presentations, solutions design documentation, and point of view technology white papers formally presenting them to executives, management, and employees throughout the company.
- Develop strong business relationships with IT and business departments.
- Represents the bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer service levels.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in enterprise integration design, development, and implementation
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Microsoft .NET platform development or Java/Linux development
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in leadership roles either as a direct manager or matrix manager leading technical resources
- Minimum 2 years cloud implementation experience (Azure and/or AWS)
- Minimum 3 years prior experience in a solution or enterprise architect role
Skills and Knowledge
Large-scale enterprise implementation experience including architecture and design of modern web, mobile, and integration (cloud/on-premise) platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills is required.
- Prior experience architecting or developing solutions based on SOA, API, or Microservice design patterns
- Deep understanding of SOAP and RESTful service design patterns and standard transformations from XML to JSON, JSON to XML, SOAP to REST, REST to SOAP
- Prior experience or understanding of RAML, Apiary and Swagger for RESTful service development
- Experience designing, interpreting, and analyzing API runtime analytics
- Prior experience or academic knowledge of Microservice architecture, development, and containerization
- Experience with Agile development methodology including Scrum, XP, FDD, TDD, and SAFe.
- Enterprise experience with API management toolsets, DevOps, server infrastructure, network infrastructure, caching methodologies, information security, and database technologies
- More than 10 years of experience in business application design, development, installation, and modification in a customer-facing environment.
- TOGAF certification and Zachman framework knowledge preferred.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website