TECHNOLOGY PROJECT SENIOR MANAGER
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Position is responsible for the planning and successful delivery of long term and / or complex technology projects or programs while leading matrixed project team members that are each responsible for elements therein. This includes building technology project governance structures and delivery plans to enable fulfillment of articulated business goals. Role is instrumental in driving and tracking project activities, schedule, scope, and budget, as well as negotiating changes in plans and effective communication with all stakeholders.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Independently manages multiple long-term complex projects or programs
- Independently manages complex project budgets
- Independently drives and manages project activities relating to meeting project objectives, budget, scope, quality standards and schedule
- Provides a proactive interface between project stakeholders and senior management team to ensure complete and accurate definitions of business requirements and delivery of business applications
- Develops, prepares, presents and maintains project plans, including staffing requirements, cost estimates, detailed budgets and work breakdown structures and schedules
- Performs project risk assessments, including identifying key risk factors, providing effective mitigation strategies and assigning contingency action plans to both schedules and budgets
- Manages projects and teams, including applying established methodologies, using change control templates and processes; managing time and recording activities using defined scheduling tools; monitoring budgets; coordinating resource acquisition and utilization; serving as a liaison with internal customers and external suppliers; and communicating regularly with project stakeholders.
- Interfaces with all levels of management throughout the bank
- Displays creativity when designing solutions to problems
- Creates formalized governance structures, reports and presentations
- Presents to senior and executive level management
- Contributes effectively to the collective team effort and offers ideas and solutions to complex problems
- Recognized as a trusted mentor and leader among project managers
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7 years project manager experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing complex technical projects involving large teams
Skills and Knowledge
- 2 or more years of banking or financial industry experience preferred
- Advanced senior professional with wide ranging experience uses professional concepts and to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Requires specialized depth and or breadth of expertise
- Serves as an expert in own discipline or area of specialization
- Preferred to have industry knowledge to support the design and/or vendor product selection to solve corporate wide issues or enhancements
- Must be extremely knowledgeable in all aspects of project methodology, project management tools and techniques across all project activities
- Strong presentation skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner
- PMP certification preferred
- Agile Scrum Master Certification preferred
- 2 years of Agile Scrum Master experience preferred
- Must be able to create highly complex MS Project plans, MS PowerPoint decks and Excel workbooks
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website