DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
See why our employees love working at Chippenham Hospital As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Provisional Level I trauma center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists. The Emergency Room at Chippenham Hospital:
- Provisional Level 1 Trauma Center
- 50 Bed ED
- Dedicated 10 Bed Pediatric ED
- Dedicated 5 Bed Psych ED
- Busiest ED in the city
- 2 Helipads - Rooftop Helipad is LARGEST in the State!
- Chest Pain and Stroke Accredited
- Dedicated Point of Care Testing
- Mid-Level Provider in triage 7 days a week
- Fast Track open 7 days a week from 0700-2300
- You will relay information regarding patient health assessments to ER nurses.
- Your primary function will be to collaborate with the nurses in the implementation of patient care plans and chart patient responses to applied interventions.
- You must attend meetings and in-services as required by departmental policy.
- You will assist the ER staff in ensuring patient safety.
- As a member of the ER team, you will maintain competence with the Meditech system.
Benefits we offer:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K Options
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Assistance
- Previous ER or comparable paramedic experience. Three years of experience as a certified EMT-Paramedic preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Successful completion of a paramedic certification course.
- Virginia Division of EMS EMT-Paramedic Certification.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 60 days of hire or start in position.
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
- Full Time
- Day Shift
- Weekend & Holiday requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website