DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization that values your professional growth? Come and join our 2021 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010.
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is a Provisional Level I Trauma Center and one of the largest HCA facilities. We are home to the Levinson Heart Hospital, the first designated heart hospital in the state, and Tucker Pavilion, Virginia's oldest and most prestigious Behavioral Health Hospital. Among several recognitions and awards, we are a Certified Primary Stroke Center, Certified Chest Pain Center, and are a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip & knee replacement, and surgical care.
HCA StaRN Nurse Residency Program
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skillsets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
12 Week Orientation:
- 5-6 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study and hands-on skills/simulations
- 6-7 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor
After orientation, throughout the remainder of your first year, you will participate in our Professional Development Residency for your ongoing support:
- We pair you with a designated mentor for extra support
- You will collaborate with your mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (opportunity to gain recognition by facility and/or corporate level)
- Monthly resident seminars provide ongoing education to include Intro to Charge Nurse Education
- Monthly meetings with your nursing director to track your progress, successes, challenges, future goals, etc.
Cohort Start Date:
July, August & September 2021
Additional Information about our Behavioral Health Department (Tucker Pavilion):
- Tucker Pavilion offers a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in our newly renovated units
- Our department is made up of five units that specialize in specific patient populations: Child and Adolescent, General Adult, Mood and Thought Disorder, Geriatric, and Addiction Recovery and Treatment Services and Substance Abuse
- We provide treatment for conditions such as psychosis, mood disorders, and dual diagnoses
- Our range of services includes detoxification, education, coping skill enhancement, peer support, and electroconvulsive therapy for all ages
- New graduate nurses in our department should have a true passion for mental health nursing
WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER?
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement & student loan assistance.
Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new graduates who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months- BSN preferred
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website