DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
See why our employees love working at Chippenham Hospital As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II Trauma Center verified by the American College of Surgeons and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
The Medical Neuro Telemetry Unit at Chippenham Hospital:
- 43 Bed Unit Medical/Surgical beds
- 43 beds dedicated to telemetry neuro monitoring
- Very fast paced and dynamic unit providing care to a wide variety of patients including: general medical patients, general surgery patients, neuro patients, telemetry patients, Hospice and End Of Life Care, psychiatric patients with medical diagnosis
- Growth and education opportunities to include training in Neuro/Tele while becoming ACLS and Med/Surg Certified
- Team-Based nursing model which is designed to give each individual a voice through skilled communication and authentic leadership
- Unit Based Council
What Sets Us Apart:
"I am new to Neuro Tele and what I love most is how friendly the co-workers are. This unit is AMAZING!" – AW
"I enjoy the staff that I work with and the challenging patients" – TH
"I love my co-workers, the leadership team, and the flexibility"- ES
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
What Sets Us Apart: “Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do.” (Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.) We strive to provide holistic service to our patients! Patients come to the stepdown to progress in their care. They may have high mobility needs or need pulmonary toileting frequent to prevent them from getting secondary injuries. We have an engaged interdisciplinary team who help make this happen. We have a leadership team who will support you and a team that is here to get people well! We are looking for motivated staff who love a family environment.
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a school of professional nursing (required)
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Licensed Practical Nurse (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- New Graduate Nurses Welcome; Experience is a plus!
- Full Time
- 12 hour shifts 7a-7p, 7p-7a
- 72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
- Weekend & Holiday Rotations
Why join HCA – CJW Medical Center?
- Matching 401K
- Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Team Culture
- Passion for patient care
- Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website