DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Swift Creek Emergency Center, a department of Chippenham & Johnston-Willis Hospitals opening in early 2016, will be staffed with board-certified emergency room physicians and nurses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Located in the Hancock Village Shopping Center in front of Hobby Lobby Swift Creek Emergency Center: • Separate pediatric & adult waiting area to help alleviate younger patient's anxiety • 12 Beds All private treatment rooms • CT • Ultrasound • Diagnostic & portable X-rays • On-site laboratory testing • Telemedicine capabilities The Emergency Department Registered Nurse (RN) will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director.
- The ER Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical and compliance principles and values.
- The Emergency Department RN performs and documents initial admission assessment on all patients upon arrival in the Emergency Department. Complete Triage competencies according to triage guidelines within the first year of hire and maintain Triage education thereafter.
- The ER Nurse must perform accurate Triage assessments and exhibit exceptional customer service skills. Plans and provides patient care as per MD, DO, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner orders, established Protocols, and policies.
- The ED Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- The ED RN delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
- The Emergency Room Registered Nurse works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
- The ER RN communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Evaluates patient's signs and symptoms; and records and reports results.
- The Emergency Department RN sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment. Collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment.
- The ER RN assists physicians during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders. Makes appropriate and timely notification to physician on patient condition changes.
- The ED Registered Nurse is expected to attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
QualificationsEDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS and PALS certification (preferred)
Why join HCA – CJW Medical Center?
- Matching 401K
- Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Team Culture
- Passion for patient care
- Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website