Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by the Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for an Echocardiogram Technician to obtain ultrasound images, which will aid in the diagnoses of cardiac disease. The incumbent will perform echocardiograms and successfully produce diagnostic images to the satisfaction of the cardiologists, as well as be responsible and accountable for the following duties:
- Schedule exams for patients and notify physicians of patient s arrival.
- Verify identity of patient and accuracy of exam order.
- Prepare patients for exam by explaining procedures and correlate patient clinical history with exam.
- Administer Stress Testing, EKG, 24 hour holter monitoring placement and scanning Echocardiograms advance testing.
- Provide assistance to cardiologists in Trans-Esophageal Echocardiograms.
- Recognize significance of all structures, including artifacts and recognize equipment limitations.
- Perform calculations from study necessary for physician s interpretation.
- Ensure the functioning of all equipment in area and adequate inventory of supplies.
- Fix and mount recordings, and maintain tape images in an organized manner for physicians to interpret studies.
- Maintain the sterility and security of T.E.E. probe.
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) Required.
- A High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Certificate from an approved school for diagnostic ultrasound.
- 1 year previous cardiac ultrasound in a hospital setting (Required).
- Experience with Stress echo and T.E.E. (Required).
- BLS Certification (Required).
Apply on company website