Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for a Diet Control Assistant, who will be responsible for our dietary office s clerical duties and maintain quality improvement records. In addition, the incumbent will maintain menu systems and food services to patients and participate in providing other basic nutrition services to patients.
- Perform checks on tray line during meal service as needed.
- Collect patient menu selections.
- Distribute and tally paper menus if needed.
- Follow assigned workflow to ensure adequate time for menu collection, diet office coverage.
- Maintain computerized cardex with up to date information as needed.
- Modify therapeutic menus as needed.
- Participate in Quality Improvement collection and reporting as assigned.
- Prepare food production sheets based on menu tallies as required.
- Process diet orders and diet changes using the WFMS computer system.
- Update nourishments, monitors all snack and supplement orders.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with diet terminology, therapeutic diets and the operation of a health care food service department preferred.
- Prior secretarial and/or customer relations experience helpful.
- Ability to use computer, Ability to handle details accurately, to utilize time efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, teamwork, and customer service skills.
Apply on company website