Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and as listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned a designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for a full time Medical Technologist - Blood Bank, for our day shift. This position performs the examination of and test performance in the Core Laboratory on human specimens for purposes of obtaining information for the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of patients. This also includes perming moderate to high complexity testing utilizing manual methods, semi-automated and automated clinical analyzers in the areas of Chemistry, Hematology, Blood Bank, Stat lab and basic Microbiology. The incumbent will utilize the Laboratory Information System, as well as be responsible and accountable for the following duties:
- Coordinate and perform a variety of routine and/or complex laboratory tests and procedures relevant to the particular lab area and personal qualifications.
- Prepare and test specimens for examination and reports results.
- Follow established in-process quality control procedures, including recording data.
- Perform routine and/or preventive maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Troubleshoot basic instrumentation, culture media, chemicals, reagents, stains, solutions, technical problems and methodologies.
- Maintain sufficient supplies at work station.
- Ensure and maintain quality control and assurance activities.
- Use Infection Control practices and procedures.
- Be required to work every 3rd weekend
- Have the ability to work variable shifts as needed.
- Perform related duties, as assigned.
In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities described above, the ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Advanced in your knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of medical technology to perform the full range of duties involved in planning, coordinating and evaluating laboratory services.
- Aware of quality management standards.
- Knowledgeable of accrediting agencies and regulatory requirements pertaining to laboratory operations.
- Familiar with statistical evaluation and analysis.
- Apt in laboratory quality control/assurance policies, procedures and principles, as well as safety practices and regulations.
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate in clinical laboratory science, chemical, physical or biological Sciences, OR meets NJ Sanitary Code Chapter 44, Chapter IV, 8:44-2.6 Technologist qualifications.
- Blood Bank experience required in a hospital setting
- ASCP or eligibility preferred.
- Meets minimum CLIA and NJ standards.
- 6 months hospital experience preferred. Successful passing of screening exam and demonstrated written and practical competencies in Core Laboratory.
- Ability to work variable shifts as needed.
Apply on company website