Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and as listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned a designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist (Per Diem) to evaluate, plan and implement occupational therapy treatment, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team. The incumbent will also be responsible and accountable for the following duties:
- Assume responsibility for assessing, planning and implementing specific treatment for patient.
- Restore function and facilitate development of skills essential for adaptive and productive living.
- Provide care to all age groups in accordance with patient s age.
- Participate in QI/PI program and Occupational Therapy intern clinical education.
- Assist in supervision of staff on the outpatient service.
- Support the revision and maintenance of policy and procedure/intern manuals.
- Use an understanding of the principles of growth and development to assess each patient s age-specific needs and provide age specific treatment and care.
- A Bachelor s Degree, Master s Degree or Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy from an AOTA accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- An active New Jersey Occupational Therapy license.
- BLS Certification (American Heart Association).
- Successful completion of all orientation programs.
Apply on company website