Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned a designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for a Radiation Therapist (per diem) who will be responsible for patient simulation and radiation treatment delivery. The incumbent will also deliver radiation therapy treatments to patients as prescribed by the Radiation Oncologist.
- Coordinate and organize workflow between simulation, dosimetry, and treatment.
- Use knowledge of the EMR system to appropriately schedule patients for simulation procedures, treatment setup, and delivery, and to facilitate communication between members of the oncology team for treatment planning and procedures.
- Obtains all pertinent patient information such as diagnostic films, labs, and pathology reports before the simulation.
- Perform a time-out procedure before initiating all treatments and or simulations.
- Performs CT simulations as directed by the Radiation Oncologist; to include fabrication of positioning and immobilization devices tattooing and simple beam modification devices, to ensure accurate reproduction of treatment setup.
- Explain procedures to patients thoroughly, and ensure understanding.
- Position patient according to instructions provided in the chart and deliver the prescribed radiation dose and treatment.
- Be attentive to each patient s side effects and act as a liaison between the patient, nurse, and or physician.
- Appropriately and accurately document patient treatment position and use of positioning aids, by taking digital photos and writing instructions in the EMR.
- Review each chart for accurate documentation and changes in prescription, written orders, or patient setup parameters. Keep EMR updated.
- Obtain images at intervals, consistent with Physician orders.
- Work efficiently throughout the day to maintain department schedules.
- Maintain the appearance of the CT Simulation, Acuity, and Control consoles throughout the day by keeping the rooms neat and orderly.
- Assure that all daily/weekly images are reviewed by the attending radiation oncologist.
- Graduate of a JCERT accredited school of radiation therapy.
- Certification by American Registry of Radiographic Technologist in radiation therapy. C.P.R. certification.
- 2-5 years of experience in radiation therapy.
- Knowledge of general CT Scanner applications to obtain images for treatment planning.
Apply on company website