Position Description: The Opportunity:
Clean Harbors is seeking a Materials Processing Laborer (Environmental Technicians I) for Benicia, CA and covering the Bay Area. The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of tasks associated with thermal oxidizers, centrifuge equipment, plate & filter press, belt press and a cat-ox. This position has no set hours and the schedule varies. The right candidate will be able to have a flexible schedule as well as the ability to travel overnight up to 10% each year.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all time
- Performs activities that deal with processing waste (loading/unloading of roll off containers, end dumps or drums, tracking of material, record keeping and performing treatments as instructed by supervisor)
- Assisting with the operation of equipment in a safe manner
- Performs labor intensive activities in all weather conditions throughout the day
- Works in atmospheres with low clearances, confined spaces and at heights and breathing apparatus
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive salary with advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Materials Processing experience with one or a combination of the following equipment: plate & frame filter press, centrifuge, belt press, thermal oxidizer, cat-ox considered an asset
- Valid Driver's License and Clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Ability to work in a physically intensive role
- Ability and willingness to travel for extended periods of time
- Willingness to be trained through Clean Harbors for an OSHA (40 hour) Certification
- Willingness to obtain a Transportation Workings Identification Card (TWIC)
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at www.cleanharbors.com/careers
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
Apply on company website