Qualification:Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
- Gather requirements from the Business Analyst to understand the client's requirements and the required skill sets.
- Analyze the time and effort required based on the initial estimation submitted by the Test Analyst.
- Seek review inputs on resourcing and estimation from the Test Manager.
- Create case studies to highlight experience / credentials for the proposals.
- Address clients' queries in partnership with the BD team.
- Understand architecture design and peak volume transfer.
- Identify and assess different tools and propose the tool that matches with the clients' requirements in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Gather inputs from the business analyst and development team to understand technology, business requirements, test data requirements and application.
- Seek review inputs on reverse KT document from the client.
- Participate in KT session in case of new tools and technologies.
- Participate in the client meeting to understand the requirement.
- Design KT plan (that includes KT scope, schedule, and deliverables like reverse KT document) and share the same with the customer.
- Provide training to the associates as a part of reverse KT.
- Create portals to upload customer details, application and testing artefacts.
- Seek signoff on the requirement document (eg SRD) in coordination with different stakeholders (Development Team Lead, Business Sponsors, Technology lead, Project Manager, BA, Requirement Analyst).
- Create ROM (rough order magnitude) estimation to understand feasibility of the requirement.
- Support the Test Manager in performing high level impact analysis.
- Only For Onsite Coordinator: Provide support to BA at client side for identification/documentation of the requirements based on the experience.
Test Requirement Study:
- Understand and analyze the requirements (from the requirement document) to identify the testable requirements.
- Prioritize the requirements based on the time required.
- Create the traceability matrix.
- Create requirement query tracker (or clarification document) to track any clarification.
- Identify gaps in the requirements and take actions to close the same.
- Create ambiguity document (or clarification document) to track any clarification.
- Monitor the defects logged at the requirement stage.
- Identify gaps in the requirements and take actions to close the same.
- If requested, identify and document the test data requirement for the complicated projects.
- Review test data, screen flow documents etc Evaluate and identify various tools to aid test execution based on the understanding of the requirement.
- Create the test strategy (that includes release date, type of testing, scope of the project, detail explanation of particular release, risk, critical defects) for small and medium projects.
- Seek review from the onsite team and seek sign off from the client on the same.
- Create/Review test plans (covering scope, risk, responsibility, timelines, resource (Man /Machine), deployment, exit/entry criteria etc).
- Identify the skill sets required and resources for the project.
- Seek review inputs from different stakeholders (Business Sponsors, Development Leads, Business Analyst, Project Managers).
- Seek sign off from the client on the same.
- Review/Create detailed estimate based on the scope and understanding of requirements.
- Communicate testing phase timelines to the team and seek approval from the Project Manager.
- Design an incident process in case of any environmental outage.
Test Design, Development & Execeution:
- Review the test scenarios and seek review as required.
- Track the root cause of the review comments and take actions to resolve them.
- Review the test cases and traceability matrix to ensure total coverage of requirements.
- Identify & create Test data required for the testing activity.
- Perform System test Execution.
- Track the downtime and report the same to the client.
- Review the test results and clarify doubts/query raised by team during execution.
- Review the defects logged by team and assign it to the right owner.
- Support the team/ client in conducting UAT/BUT if applicable.
- Perform sanity testing to ensure system readiness for testing.
- Upload the test cases in the QC.
- Validate readiness of the test environment for test execution.
- Prepare test lab for test execution in QC.
- Seek sign off from the client at various stages of the cycle as required.
- Monitor various builds delivered by the development team.
- Organize and conduct defect triage meeting.
- Only For Onsite Coordinator: Support Business Lead at client side to perform UAT.
- If requested identify the test data for UAT.
- Create Run Plan document that captures priority of test cases based on complexity.
- Monitor server counters (eg CPU utilization , memory utilization etc).
Process Optimization/ Improvements and Knowledge Management:
- Conduct/Coordinate training on clients' applications to ensure training for the resource.
- Periodically, assess the technical capability of resources to ensure the selected resources are up to mark.
- Organize the boot camp for new entrants.
- Coordinate with team members, to upload the relevant document in knowledge management portals and keep it updated with the latest document.
- Select the team to create knowledge artefacts (eg collaterals, reusable assets) to drive knowledge management.
- Conduct CCP training with the help of academia and share the results with clients.
- Improvise already existing processes based on the experience.
- Institutionalize systems and processes in place to implement innovation suggestion made by the team (eg adoption of Cognizant proprietary best practices / tools, process optimization like usage of tools, automation, opportunity to utilize NLR products etc).
- Identify the time and cost savings made due to adoption of the best practices.
- Document the deferred defect information that will be captured during the next release.
Project Management & Release Management:
- Review the daily deliverables and share it with the stakeholders appropriately.
- Create and share weekly status reports and daily status reports with the team/ relevant stakeholders.
- Facilitate calls between onsite and offshore teams to discuss the project status.
- Identify resources based on the estimation and required skill set.
- (Only For Maintenance/Enhancements Project) Create estimation for enhancements based on the understanding of requirement.
- Perform POCs on the tools (eg accelerators, performance enhancers ) if required.
- Coordinate with the release manager to keep abreast with the various activities in the test environment (eg build schedule) and to ensure the right components move to the production.
- Review all deliverables to ensure Test process protocols/ internal quality processes are meticulously followed in project.
- Participate in audit at various stages to check for adherence to the CTS processes and guidelines.
- Take appropriate actions on NCs/Obs reported (if any).
Metric Analysis & Reporting:
- Prepare daily / weekly metrics / SLA reports.
- Followup with the team to ensure that all metrics have been recorded correctly and at the right frequency for the audits conducted internally.
- Identify deviations and alert Test Manager on risks.
- Report reasons for deviations.
- Provide periodic update on the metrics to the client via Daily Status Reports/Weekly Status Reports/Monthly Status Reports.
Defect Prevention/ Leakage Retrospection:
- Conduct root cause analysis of the defects (UAT, rejected/duplicate defects etc) Create test closure summary reports (covering defects passed or failed ).
- Coordinate with the stakeholders to make gono go decision based on test results and test closure summary report.
- Schedule and Conduct Retrospection meetings with the stake holders.
- Document the lessons learnt(for the next testing phase/projects).
- Conduct goal setting, performance apprais.
Must Have Skills
- HP ALM
- Order to Cash Order Management
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 07 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Apply on company website