Qualification:Bachelors in science , engineering or equivalent
Pre sales activities:
• Interact with customers to understand their needs.
• Participate in industry seminars/ conference, if required, to share knowledge and build Cognizant brand Arrive at the technology roadmap best fit for the client based on the analysis of landscape, process, tools, etc.
• Assess the customer processes by using consulting framework.
• Conduct gap analysis and make recommendation to meet the same.
• Identify business opportunities for Cognizant.
• Establish linkage between evaluation parameters and test strategy (Specific to PACE).
Project Proposal:• Review RFI/ RFQ requests from the customer/ onsite team.
• Provide guidance in developing RFPs, project estimation, etc and review same based on experience/ expertise.
• Provide inputs on solutions/pricing/differentiators etc Coordinate with specialist teams as required such as COE, performance, automation teams or the respective verticals Review artefacts for completeness and crispness of solution.
• Participate in calls to seek responses for specific RFP questions.
• Review the proposal with the customer/ practice leader.
• In case of large engagements ( more than 50+ FTE or for more than 23 years): Set up an estimation/metrics council with right process and maturity to ensure the optimized effort estimate.
Customer Visit Management:• Identify demos, assets based on the understanding of the agenda and client's technology landscape.
• Contact relevant stakeholders to identify the pain areas of the client.
• Conduct demos and presentation during the client visit.
• Address the queries that are raised by clients' during the session.
Project Formalization:• Review and seek signoff from the client on SOW in coordination with Client Partner.
• Initiate the project kickoff activities in terms of planning like resourcing, infrastructure and KT.
• Identify onsite/offsite resources.
Project Control, Management and Review / Program delivery:• Review project trackers across multiple streams/modules on a regular basis.
• Recommend corrective actions to resolve escalated / highlighted issues.
• Share and present status report to the relevant stakeholders in order to identify deviations and take corrective actions for smooth project flow.
• Monitor and track project to ensure adherence to Budget/Schedule/Time/ SLAs.
• Capture and publish project performance metrics on a regular basis.
• Identify project risks and take steps for mitigation.
• Provide support in addressing escalations / complaints and expectations as raised by customers.
• Follow up with the Team Lead to ensure KT Process and Knowledge Retention as per the timelines.
• If required, guide Architects to create the POC or conduct feasibility study to build credibility with the Client.
• For Large / Strategic projects, Review the test strategy at a highlevel during an internal discussion.
Stakeholder Management:• Establish and build relationship with client business stakeholders for the program.
• Act as the single point of contact for the program with the customer.
• Drive communication with client stakeholders.
• Present the program status during the weekly meetings.
• Share the delivery status during steering committee meetings.
• Respond to the escalations in a timely manner.
• Highlight items that need to be brought to their attention (status, accomplishments, challenges, valueadds etc) and articulate benefits/value to client stakeholders periodically.
• Preempt potential escalations through informal channels with client stakeholders.
• Raises issues with clients when there is a misalignment of ideas in terms of feasibility, scope inclusions etc.
Metrics Analysis & Reporting/ Account Operations:• Review daily / weekly metrics on schedule and any other deviations as captured by direct reports.
• Gather financial related metrics (eg Cost benefits, Cost avoidance , etc) for the monthly governance meetings.
• Present the monthly metrics and provide explanations for the same to the client on a monthly basis, as required.
• Provide inputs to the DAG to bring about process improvements.
For only large programs:• Identify key learning from the projects and capture lessons learnt.
• Review various metrics to analyze the overall health of the program and identify ways to deliver the projects more effectively.
• Share best practices to enable cross pollination across projects.
• Review the recommendation made by the test manager to the client based on the analysis of the test results summary report.
• Perform gap analysis in order to deliver outputs as per the expected standards.
• Review the best practices adopted in the project.
Alliance & Vendor Management:• Work with the vendor contact through customer liaison to ensure understanding of scope, highlight risks and dependencies, adherence to milestones etc.
• Identify prospects for alliance and understand their offerings to identify synergies.
• In collaboration with vendors, design solution to resolve customer's issues and build a compelling business case for the same.
• Present the joint offering to the customer.
• Build internal capability in collaboration with the vendor (eg certifications etc).
• Assess the identified vendors and shortlist the vendors based on the identified parameters(for QE).
People Management:• Participate in senior level talent selection.
• Coach and mentor team Set goals, gather feedback from team members and conduct appraisals.
• Identify skill gaps and devise strategies to bridge the same.
• Drives Rewards and Recognition (eg recommend increments / promotions etc).
• Identify, groom, reward and develop high performers and future leaders.
Audit:• Review the report from the DAG to review NCs and Observations.
• Follow up with the Project teams with questions to identify root cause for risks and provide support as required.
• Followup with the team to close out on the audit risks.
Knowledge Management:• Drive knowledge management by encouraging team to maintain knowledge management portal / central repository.
• Design curriculum and develop/review training artifacts.
• Update curriculum, as required.
• Keep abreast of the technology trends, industry best practices etc.
• Update the repository, as required.
Business & Technology Research and Research Based Technical Writing:• Understand trends in client requirements, competitor insights, etc to identify opportunities to enhance Cognizant capabilities.
• Gather requirements from the client.
• Understand the client current processes, technology, business functionality.
• Assess different solution/ process/ technology to meet the client's requirements.
• Conduct a feasibility study by developing POC.
• Design estimates in terms of time and effort (for SOA).
• Create methodologies, frameworks and methods for solution delivery.
• Create collaterals (eg White papers for national/ international publications & conferences) for new solutions.
• Solution Socialization: Create collaterals (case studies, business value documents, Email flyers, webinars etc) for new solutions.
• Share collaterals with relevant stakeholders (eg BD team etc).
Process Optimization:• Work with the Project Manager to identify areas of improvement in the process (as agreed upon in the SOW / SLAs) and ensure alignment with the same.
• Identify best in class practices along with the DE Group (applicable only for mature projects).
• Share best practices to enable cross pollination across projects.
• Identify opportunities for nonlinear growth.
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1TI+-Functional DTUPL4Required2Psft- Program ManagementPL4Required3Equipment Functional LocationPL4Required4Rational Functional TesterPL4Required
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Jan 08 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website