Position Overview As a Technical Programming Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work on an innovative team driving solutions for Fortune 500 clients. Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Responsible for L1 incident Resolution
- Responsible for monitoring mail box/ ticketing tool
- Verify log files
- Creates tickets in the IT Service Management (ITSM) tool
- Performs tasks as described in the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
- Promptly notifies of critical issues, coordinates with the concerned teams, and follows up on the resolution
- Resolves tickets using Known Error Database (KEDB) information SOP
- Assigns tickets to application subject matter experts (SME)s and other relevant groups
- Communication status of ticket
- Update shift hand-over
- Tracks and coordinates the ticket to its closure
- Performs application check outs after patch updates / outages
- Performs basic tasks in the technology field being hired for – Job monitoring, restarting, file validation, etc.
Throughout your first two years at Cognizant, we will closely monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support to help you achieve your long-term career goals at Cognizant. This program has very high visibility with our Executive team and provides tremendous opportunity for leadership development.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Preferred majors include: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, other Engineering disciplines, Information Systems, Decision Sciences, Data Analytics, Data Science, Big Data, and/or Business Administration with technical proficiency
- Applicants must be willing to relocate to one of the major geographic areas where we have significant customer accounts and/or travel may be required. The location for this opportunity is in Mesa, AZ.
- Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for these roles
- Internship or academic experience with mainframe programming languages Java or .Net.
- Basic understanding of programming concepts and software engineering practices, specifically in Object Oriented programming concepts and software engineering practices
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital and family status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status or any other classification protected by state, federal or local law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : May 21 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website