This position may be filled at these alternative locations: Kansas City, MO / St. Louis, MO / Cincinnati, OH / Missoula, MT / Virtual
What does a Data Engineer do for ATG?
The ATG Data Engineer primary role is to strategize, implement, solve, and execute on data related solutions to support ATG initiatives on a variety of platforms. Common activities may include, creating data strategies, data migration/conversions, data mapping, and data profiling. The role will interact with the latest enterprise SaaS platforms within the monetization ecosystem. Individuals in the role will leverage their business, analytical, and technical skills to provide expert guidance on data strategies to our customers that are critical in solution implementations.What are some of the responsibilities of a Data Engineer?
- Participate in discovery sessions with project teams to understand data requirements needed to support solution implementations.
- Work collaboratively with a project and client team in an agile environment to support our cloud initiatives
- Leverage system and process analysis skills to produce data strategies that create a seamless and uninterrupted experience for our clients.
- Collaborate with clients to generate data mapping documents between target and source systems.
- Leverage industry leading tools to extract, transform and load data into source systems in an automated fashion to support data migrations.
- Perform data profiling tasks to collect statistics, trends, impacts, and summaries that lead to a structured and successful implementation
- Provide key insights based on data analytics to aid the client in drawing conclusions as to the business value and impact of their data and best approaches for migrating and transforming data to support new system architectures.
- Work with project management to provide regular status updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-5 years' experience in a data related position that includes the use of common database tool, ETL products, and interacting with data within relational databases.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) concepts
- In-depth experience with SQL and PL/SQL
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming (Java, C++, C#) and/or scripting (Python, Perl, PHP)
- Experience working in cloud transformation projects within CRM, CPQ, and/or Finance systems
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks
- Capability to take on tasks with little direction, and produce high-value deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work with technical and non-technical users, other departments, and clients
- Experience working in an Agile (Scrum) environment desired
- Organization skills - ability to work in a highly dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for this role.
Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : May 05 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website