Tactical: Support the financial structuring, analysis and negotiation of large, complex multi-Business Unit outsourcing proposals and contracts ($100M+ TCV) while meeting Cognizant's business objectives.
- Craft and assess the P&L, cash flow, metrics and financial viability and risks of a deal throughout the proposal phase.
- Following Client decision, this individual will support the negotiation of financial/commercial terms in order to meet Cognizant's business & financial objectives and enable Cognizant to sign a contract capable of delivering the approved returns while at the same time addressing customer business drivers.
- Function in an independent, unbiased and relentlessly objective manner to ensure the integrity of the responsibilities of the position.
- Strategic: Support the implementation and development of a Financial/Commercial Management organization and, in particular, support resource, process and tools development associated with the Financial Architecture practice.
- This individual contributor role is a key financial & commercial advisor to a deal team in support of strategic bids. This role requires functional expertise to support deal modeling and assessment while considering deal strategy, structuring and negotiation positions.
- Financial representative internally and, potentially, externally with clients and advisors. Includes participation in oral and written presentations/communications to internal and potentially external executives, as and when required in support of pursuits.
- Support the Commercial Architect in analyzing and making recommendations regarding deal-specific financial strategies and, solutions. Engagement spans the bid lifecycle from qualification through deal closure.
- In support of Business Units and Sales, and in conjunction with Legal, Finance, Solution Architects and the core pursuit team, manage and conduct internal reviews of the financial and commercial terms for transactions from the account qualification phase through customer proposal submission, negotiation and contracting phases.
- Support the Commercial Architect in identifying and subsequently capturing risk in the business case.
- Facilitate and conduct cross regional and cross Business Unit alignment of financial structures, requirements and the impacts upon commercial issues and risks parameters.
- Support Finance/Commercial Leadership in the ongoing enhancement of the Financial Architecture practice via the development and documentation of processes and tools.
- Support compliance with Cognizant's processes and policies.
Skills, experience, qualifications
- 8-12 years' experience in Pre-Sale Financial Architecture deal modeling, analysis, pricing; experience in commercial management, proposal and negotiations experience in the IT industry, outsourcing or infrastructure areas desirable. Post-Sale commercial contracts experience is also desirable.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Dec 01 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website