Lead Product Consultant
Qualification:Science / Engineering graduate
- Participate in the pre sales stage (eg preparation of marketing materials and collaterals, client calls, demos) proposals and business development activities to ensure technical feasibility.
- Create solutions based on the customer needs and review estimates to prepare for RFIs and RFPs.
- Seek opportunities in mining the relationship to provide lasting value to the customer and share the same with the account team.
- Work with the client technical team, understand the eco system.
- Analyze customer requirements, challenges from an IT and business process perspective by interacting with the customer architects / SMEs and reviewing documentation.
- Provide recommendations (eg product implementation, platform identification, architecture suitability, gap analysis, customization/bolt on development and integration, product maintenance) to address the same.
- Create the solution architecture.
- Present the benefits of the solution.
- Lead Proof of Concept for the business problem.
- Provide inputs on technical robustness and scalability of the product to the LPC.
- Interact with customers to identify customer expectations and ensure all customer issues are resolved appropriately.
- Prepare estimation guidelines.
- Review estimates and impact analysis, etcas prepared by the Senior Product Specialist.
- Understand the complexity of the projects, identify and involve the right mix of resources.
- Identify the tracks / modules and allocate the same to Senior Product Specialists.
- Identify the various stakeholders.
- Identify the dependencies and manage the same.
- Oversee offshoreonsite coordination to ensure transition of information (handshake) and query resolution related to project execution and report updates.
- Prepare and track project plan.
- Perform key project management activities like planning, work allocation and tracking, endtoenddelivery, daytoday interaction with onsite, status reporting, performance reporting, quality assurance activities, etc.
- Maintain documentation (eg defect prevention checklist, metrics etc).
- Collate status report and present the same to the customer.
- Work with the various track leads to ensure delivery.
- discuss and resolve feasibility issues with the customer.
- Coordinate with the SQAG (quality team) to meet project/process compliance.
- Review outofscope requirements with respect to development and client as brought up through internal project review sessions.
- Review all change requests to ensure that processes are adhered to.
- Identify the impact of the same.
- Share and negotiate with the customer on effort, timelines and cost.
- Review billing data and raise invoices.
Design and Implementation:
- Provide guidance to the team from a product perspective and suggest solutions.
- Participate and provide inputs in design and architecture reviews.
- Identify issues & drive them to closure.
- Handle delivery with minimum escalations.
- Review all deliverables as per the delivery checklist.
- Conduct demos for customers as and when required.
- Identify best practices, share and ensure adoption of best practices (eg architectural artifacts, interface, tools etc) by the team.
- Collate, centralize & institutionalize all solution enablers developed by individual projects.
- Prepare summary & detailed case study for the project.
- Follow up with team members to ensure updation of all relevant documents in Knowledge Management post completion of each project/module.
- Analyze team's capabilities (SWOT) and allocate work efficiently.
- Resolve conflicts within team members.
- Support team building activities, Provide administrative support.
- Provide inputs on goal setting and performance appraisals of team.
- Identify skill gaps and training needs required.
- Provide input into the learning and career plans for team members.
- Identify training needs of team members and provide coaching support to them.
- Mentor team.
- Nominate team for awards.
- Conduct training through academy and induction of new team members.
Must Have Skills
- Core Java
- Finance & Accounting
Good To Have Skills
- Guidewire - ContactManager
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 09 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website