Senior Developer- Cassandra Admin
Cognizant's Artificial Intelligence practice is seeking a highly qualified Java engineer with experience developing and building high-performing, scalable, enterprise applications. You will be part of a digital software team that works on high-demand applications. Our engineers have a passion for high-quality, reliable and maintainable code. You will work side by side with product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together in order to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. Our engineers are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we're doing wrong, so we can fix it, and what we're doing right, so we can improve on it. Above all, we judge success by the success of our team and the happiness of our customers.
Cognizant Digital AI & Analytics: Artificial intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future-a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies. By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models.
Currently remote and open to remote candidates willing to work in EST time zone; however, we prefer candidates to be based in the Englewood Cliffs, NJ metro area or willing to relocate.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
*This role is not able to offer visa transfer or sponsorship now or in the future*
- Hands on experience in Cassandra administration - Designing for consistency, Knowledge on load distribution and replication configuration
- Hands on development experience in Kafka - must-have supported Kafka cluster in production, must-have developed or know of metric and monitoring to ascertain optimal performance in production.
- Advance proficiency in Java programming.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and should be able to provide input to improve business process.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as GitHub.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work with no or limited guidance, grasp the concepts quickly and develop in an agile mode with experience in working with agile project management tool
- Mandatory: Cassandra Admin/Dev, Oracle Golden gate , Kafka
- Preferable: PL/SQL background
- 5+ years Cassandra admin experience is a must.
- PL/SQL background is preferable.
- Expand on the existing data pipeline.
- Independently work on building topics and compacted topics in Kafka.
- Use KSQL and Kafka Streams for data processing within Kafka.
- Develop the Microservice Key space with Microservice based tables for consumption.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot issues in the data pipeline.
- Excellent skills in Cassandra development - Design tables, running for performance, running for consumption via web services, reporting tools and batch.
- Excellent skills on Data Processing - Using some (or all) of the streaming and micro-batch frameworks like Spark Streaming, Strom, Spark.
- Understanding of digital transformation and Cloud computing such as Azure/AWS, cloud native application development
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts and process and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Understanding of security and identify concepts and familiar with authentication, single-sign-on, directory services etc.
- Excellent communication skill and participates actively in team meetings discussions and be a specialist in Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements envisioning system features and improving functionality.
It takes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams! We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry-recognized, award-winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical trainings to keep your skillsets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications on the newest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients (fortune 100 companies), our communities, and our organization. It's the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you!www.cognizant.com NASDAQ: CTSH
Headquartered in the U.S, Cognizant is a member of the S&P-500, Nasdaq-100, Fortune 200, and was recently ranked as the #1 Fastest Growing “All Star” by Fortune Magazine. Cognizant uses a highly flexible business model, a detailed global delivery network, and deep domain expertise to deliver to a long list of best-in-class companies that are leaders in their own space.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to demonstrate the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to quality instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer provider and committed to creating a diverse environment. Cognizant considers all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, and marital status, disabilities, sexual orientation or preference, veteran status, or any other classification protected by state, federal, or local law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 25 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website