Sr. Manager, Data Engineering (Remote)
Role & Responsibilities:
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced data engineering leader to join the GCAM Analytics team at Cognizant! The Sr. Manager, Data Engineering is a savvy data wrangler, avid problem solver, and has a passion for building the connective tissue/logic between disparate data sources that unlocks invaluable holistic business insights. This individual will be instrumental in advancing our data analytics capabilities that will allow Cognizant to deliver against ambitious goals of market awareness, audience engagement and lead conversion. She/He will play a fundamental role in advancing data ingestion, data prep, automation, modeling, and visualization across a broad spectrum of channels and tools (Paid Media, CRM, Web, marketing automation, Sales, and 3rd party data intent tools).
- Lead GCAM Analytics data engineering efforts
- Spearhead data ingestion, data prep, and automation across MarTech stack (Adobe Experience Cloud) and Sales enablement platforms (Salesfore, Pardot, 6Sense)
- Establish scalable/repeatable processes for phased data ingestion
- Responsible for requirement gathering and documentation across data sources
- Setup data accuracy and anomaly detection measures to quickly remedy data issues
- Continually look for opportunities to innovate in order to progress and achieve aggressive goals
- As part of the Analytics knowledge share initiative, provide mentorship and guidance to other team members as it relates data engineering best practices
- Manage a team of offshore data engineers
- Build effective working relationships with cross-functional teams (MarTech, IT)
- Work autonomously and efficiently in a fast-paced environment to meet critical deadlines
- Communicate effectively and transparently across functional teams and leadership
- 6-8 years' experience in Data Engineering, with a solid understanding of MarTech and Sales enablement platforms
- Fluent and proficient in ETL best practices, Azure stack, and enterprise data modeling/architecture
- Extensive SQL experience a must (5+ years)
- Experience with data prep/blending tools (Alteryx/Informatica preferred)
- Experience with data visualization/BI tools (Qlik, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Experience working across functional teams in the design and execution of data analytics
- Exceptional strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and comfortability in a large fast paced organization with an ability to juggle multiple high visibility projects
- Effective communicator with peers, management, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Collaborative team player a must
- Expertise in statistical languages (Python, R or SAS) preferred
- Prior experience in a B2B organization preferred but not required
- Experience with Adobe Experience Cloud (AEM, Target, Analytics), Salesforce, Pardot, 6Sense, Cvent, and Contentsquare a plus
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree in STEM related discipline
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Apr 13 2021
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website