Our cybersecurity test team is searching for new members that can help us conduct system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify vulnerabilities. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, learning new technology areas, this is the place for you. We provide a number of opportunities to learn ranging from on-the-job training with other team members to formal courses for unique technology areas.
We realize that no one will have all of these qualifications. We are looking for people that can bring a strong foundation in one of the listed areas and are motivated to learn the others. Position responsibilities can span from test management to compliance testing to penetration testing, depending on skillset.
This position provides support to the 47th Cyberspace Test Squadron at Eglin AFB, FL. This support includes the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop test tools and strategies for cybersecurity testing on DoD aircraft and weapons.
- Conduct independent compliance assessments, penetration testing, data collection, test automation, and reporting.
- Perform system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify vulnerabilities.
- Execute hands-on testing which include significant technical skills with multiple operating systems.
- Provide technical guidance and expertise to test teams.
- Document and communicate test results effectively to technical and non-technical user groups in written and oral formats.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations is required: Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Aeronautics, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Cybersecurity or Computer Science) and a minimum of 3 years of technical experience is required -OR- Associate's degree in a technical discipline (Aeronautics, Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Cybersecurity or Computer Science) and 7 years of technical experience -OR- HS Diploma or Equivalent and 9 years technical experience.
- Cybersecurity job experience.
- Cyber penetration test experience.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Understanding of network security/engineering.
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent self-initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in small and large team settings to solve complex problems.
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux (including Kali) Operating Systems.
- Experience using modern penetration testing tools and methods.
- Travel 15-20 weeks per year, potentially to worldwide sites.
- Active SECRET clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret – (Single Scope Background Investigation). US Citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification (CASP, CISSP, etc.) and DOD 8570.01-M CSSP Analyst - Certified (CEH, GCIH, etc) within 6 months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Aircraft and/or Weapons architecture/avionics.
- Knowledge of common wired and wireless network protocol structures.
- Experience with aircraft, avionics, and/or munitions testing and evaluation.
- Experience with a non-IP bus protocol (CAN bus, Mil-Std 1553, ARINC 429, etc).
- Experience with aircraft avionics.
- Experience with hardware/software reverse engineering.
- Knowledge of Agile system development.
- Knowledge of systems security engineering.
- Knowledge of embedded systems engineering.
- Proficient in software development.
- Experience using interpreted languages (Python, Ruby, PHP, etc).
- Knowledge of compiled languages (C, C++, Assembly, Java, etc).
- Certifications: OSCP, OSCE, GPEN, GWAP, and/or CCNA.
- Top Secret clearance
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website