US Army Futures Command
United States Army Futures Command (AFC) is a newly created 4-star command chartered to re-vamp and re-energize the Army's ability to quickly and efficiently field combat capabilities. The Army has assigned their best and brightest, both military and civilian, to be these change agents. Everything about Futures Command is designed for free-thinking, non-traditional ideations from the location in the non-military tech-hub of Austin, TX to the Google-like environment of open and airy office space down to the total lack of military uniforms. But the single biggest innovation focuses on breaking traditional barriers that hinder and delay the fielding of capabilities.
To enhance and augment these other fundamental changes, Futures Command selected the COLSA Corporation to staff the operational center of gravity of the command, the Architecture Cell. This cell is where the true synergy and efficiency envisioned by Futures Command will be developed, incubated and matured. This is done with state-of-the-art tools and COLSA employees who are focused on the big picture, can synthesize new and innovative ideas with existing realities to create new and unanticipated solution spaces and then communicate these complex and perhaps abstract concepts to broad audiences using clear and compelling words and multi-media.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Serve as a Systems of Systems (SoS) Engineer/Architect for an Army acquisition agency.
* Engage with key stakeholders to support the development of SoS architecture products, processes, and policy.
* Work as a member of an Integrated Product Team (IPT) to develop system interface architectures and standards.
* Incorporate Model Based Systems Engineering into Army SoS architecture development.
* Analyze integrated system/capability schedules for accuracy, completeness, feasibility to execute, and critical paths, and provide inputs to support Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) builds.
* Identify cross-cutting technical and programmatic risks (across organizational boundaries and constituent systems).
* Plan, analyze, organize, and integrate the capabilities of a mix of existing and new systems into an SoS capability.
* Apply Systems Engineering (SE) principles within the environment in which a system or SoS will be developed and employed.
* Develop high-level summary of status, reviews, and presentations of projects.
* Utilize Mission Engineering principles to integrate the data gathered from stakeholder organizations into SoS Architecture products, use cases, capability views, system views, and other architectural views using Magic Draw.
* Identify, analyze, and evaluate information to support Army modernization efforts in laboratory and field environments, leading to the fielding of capabilities.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
* Bachelor's degree in related technical field such as engineering, etc. or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 10 years related experience in Systems Architecture Projects or Systems Architecture Development.
* U.S. Citizenship required. Must already possess or be able to obtain/maintain a secret DoD clearance.
* Must have the ability to work independently.
* Master's degree in engineering preferred.
* Experience with MagicDraw.
* Active TS/SCI security clearance.
* Familiarity with DoD Architecture and Frameworks (DoDAF) policy.
* Familiarity with Modular Open System Approach (MOSA) design.
* Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website