COLSA Corporation is seeking to fill a Financial Analyst position located in Huntsville, AL.
The Missile Defense and Space Systems Project Office (MDSS PO), Joint Tactical Ground Station Product Directorate, (JTAGS PD), is seeking a financial analyst to assist with daily program activities such as acquisition program planning, proposal pricing, financial management, cost analysis and other tasks related to government program execution. The successful candidate will execute multiple budget, accounting, and auditing tasks in support of combat systems critical to the protection of America's warfighters.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential functions)
- Analyzes, evaluates, and assists in development and maintenance of program budgets and supporting funding documents*
- Monitors costs incurred, program performance and provides status information; may include preparing and delivering content narrative or chart content for senior leader briefings*
- Possess a working knowledge of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) process*
- Compilation and analysis of audit packages (includes Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, New and Unpaid Obligations and Open Commitments) for accuracy and compliance against Army and Department of Defense (DoD) regulations and Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR ) guidance. Provide assistance to internal and external auditors as required.*
- May provide support to customer combat and materiel development, system fielding, test and evaluation, integrated logistics support, independent assessment, process modeling and manpower/force structure functions in support of systems acquisition processes and programs
- Assists in preparation and analysis of specific reports as required (e.g., GFEBS Weeklies)*
- May serve as technical liaison between the PO/PD, higher headquarters, supporting contractors, consultants and others
- Plans, schedules and executes special activities as required*
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of six years work related experience (accounting, financial analysis, or systems acquisition support activities)
- Working knowledge of desktop applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and database software packages
- Minimum DoD SECRET Security clearance required
- DoD or federal government financial management background including an understanding of Army financial business processes and requirements
- Demonstrated experience (minimum of three years) and proficiency in working with the General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS) and Standard Operation and Maintenance Army Research and Development System (SOMARDS)*
- Knowledge of Army business processes regarding multiple types of appropriations to include Operations and Maintenance, Army (OMA), Other Procurement Army (OPA) and Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDTE)
- Experience in researching Unliquidated Obligations (ULOs) to ensure proper billing and/or closure of accounts
- Experience in processing reimbursable and direct fund cite orders
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website