US Army Futures Command
United States Army Futures Command (AFC) is a newly created 4-star command chartered to re-vamp and re-energize the Army's ability to quickly and efficiently field combat capabilities. The Army has assigned their best and brightest, both military and civilian, to be these change agents. Everything about Futures Command is designed for free-thinking, non-traditional ideations from the location in the non-military tech-hub of Austin, TX to the Google-like environment of open and airy office space down to the total lack of military uniforms. But the single biggest innovation focuses on breaking traditional barriers that hinder and delay the fielding of capabilities.
To enhance and augment these other fundamental changes, Futures Command selected the COLSA Corporation to staff the operational center of gravity of the command, the Architecture Cell. This cell is where the true synergy and efficiency envisioned by Futures Command will be developed, incubated and matured. This is done with state-of-the-art tools and COLSA employees who are focused on the big picture, can synthesize new and innovative ideas with existing realities to create new and unanticipated solution spaces and then communicate these complex and perhaps abstract concepts to broad audiences using clear and compelling words and multi-media.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential functions)
• Produce high quality graphic designs from concept to execution, including those for desktop, web, and mobile devices*
• Specialize in one or more areas of graphics design, such as user experience (UX) design, user interface (UI) design, visual design, interaction design, user research and analysis, and product development*
• Work with design, product, research and engineering teams to maintain design consistency and coherence across the product as appropriate*
• Create and develop design frames, prototypes, layouts, and specifications as needed*
• Explore many different approaches to solving specific user problems – understands when to deploy logic, creativity, and “out-of-the-box” thinking*
• May do minimal coding and work with the latest development platforms
• May interview users, observe behavior, and conduct tests to determine which design option best satisfies user needs
• May conduct field research, study detailed analytics, and provide information back to stakeholders
• May communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, models, and designs to stakeholders in a formal presentation
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
• Bachelor's degree in Graphics Design, Digital Arts, or related field, or the equivalent experience
• Minimum of 8 years work related experience required
• Must already possess or be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance
• Strong visual design skills and intuitive abilities as well as problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail and ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time
* DoD experience
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website