COLSA Corporation is seeking a highly motivated and proactive Systems Administrator professional to support the Product Directorate, Joint Tactical Ground Station (JTAGS). The successful candidate will provide systems operation and network administration of an operational JTAGS system while overseeing compliance and conformance with all DoD cybersecurity policies and procedures. Additionally, an ability to work collaboratively with US Military, DA Civilian, and other contractors with little or no direct supervision is essential to providing the support required to this critical warfighting system. The successful candidate will perform Joint Tactical Ground Station (JTAGS) system operation, monitoring and analysis to support system testing and detection of cybersecurity deficiencies and vulnerabilities; and provide recommendations on how to correct findings. This is a great opportunity develop and increase your cyber skill set.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
- Maintain administration of a DoD network, server, and client based operating systems (Windows 7/10, Server 2012R2, Red Hat Linux, Cisco, Active Directory, LDAP)*
- Implement server configurations, operating systems, firewalls, patch management, and account management to protect the JTAGS system against threats and vulnerabilities*
- Perform vulnerability/risk assessment analysis from vulnerability scans and reporting vulnerability status; use vulnerability/risk assessment analysis to support accreditation and other program protection activities*
- Conduct technical evaluation of information system designs, focusing on information security aspects and accreditation
- Monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to safeguard information systems, networks and databases.*
- Assess assigned systems to determine system security status and ensure compliance with security policies, procedures and standards with regards to Risk Management Framework (RMF).Develop, maintain and deliver all Risk Management Framework (RMF) documentation and artifacts that address RMF activities
- Assist team members in the analysis of security solutions and in the assessment of the security designs being developed.
- Continuously check for and review all Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) alerts and bulletins and address the timely implementation of them with the system developer*
- Support testing requirements through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports
Work is performed in an office environment with little or no adverse conditions and under general supervision. After hours or on-call work may be required. Must be able to lift and squat over 30 lbs and carry equipment at least 20 feet, to provide occasional support to program logistics in the area of shipping and receiving.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 4 -10 years of work related experience. Preferred experience is with the JTAGS system; experience with SBIRS or other space support systems is acceptable
- DoD Secret Clearance required
- Must be able to lift and squat over 30 lbs and carry equipment at least 20 feet, to provide occasional support to program logistics in the area of shipping and receiving
- Ability to obtain a Security + Certification prior to date of hire
- Experience implementing and managing a patch and vulnerability management and reporting program
- Experience with ACAS, NESSUS Pro, Security Compliance Checker, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and DISA Security Readiness Review
- General knowledge of Linux, Microsoft, Cisco and Unix operating systems concepts
- Creating and executing server scripts via PowerShell/Bash
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website