COLSA Corporation is currently seeking to fill a Mechanical Engineer Support - Senior position in Warner Robins, GA.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Experience accomplishing AW, loads, stress, and weight and balance analysis in support of systems integration.
- Provide highly technical expertise and guidance in solving complex engineering problems
- Perform in all phases of hardware design, development, integration/implementation, and analysis
- Plan and conduct engineering feasibility studies for the design improvement modifications and implementation of advanced technologies
- Develop standards and guidelines for tasks being performed including the generation of TACC or the modification of such criteria in the MACC
- Develop structural and corrosion repairs.
- Assist the Government in providing technical expertise and skills in solving engineering problems on military aircraft hydraulic/pneumatic/mechanical systems/ flight controls/mass properties/structural systems.
- Perform in all phases of hardware development, integration/implementation, and analysis.
- Participate in hardware evaluations and assist the Government in developing standards and guidelines for tasks being performed.
- Support engineering tasks including but not limited to investigations and analysis, trade-off studies, quality evaluations, deficiency reports, field and depot assistance requests
- Participate in events including but not limited to TIMs, PDRs, CDRs, PCAs, FCAs, FATs, and CCB/AW
- Develop, test and evaluate theoretical designs
- Discuss and solve complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers
- Ensure a product can be made again reliably with consistent performance in specified operating environments
- Manage projects using engineering principles and techniques
- Plan and design new production processes
- Produce details of specifications and outline designs
- Recommend modifications following prototype test results
- Use research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modeling and computer-aided design
- Consider the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints
- Work with other professionals, within and outside the engineering specialty
- Analyze progress of program efforts on assigned projects and technical tasks; identify and scope problems, provide recommendations and evaluate results of implemented solutions and implement technical policies/procedures that affect resources and programs.
- Support required processes to acquire and sustain an aircraft, including the OSS&E program, Mechanical Equipment and Subsystem Integrity Program (MECSIP), Avionics Integrity Program (AVIP), the Aircraft Structural Integrity Program (ASIP) and the Corrosion Prevention and Control Program. Specific duties include:
- Advise and assist with the design and implementation of cost effective equipment modifications to help improve safety, reliability, and throughput
- Evaluate the weapon system contractor's design and assess that missionized aircraft will meet aircraft-related SRD requirements
- Evaluate and assess the weapon system contractor's design and deliverables meet aircraft-related SOW requirements
- Develop and implement aircraft integrity programs and a corrosion prevention and control program
- Manage implementation and completion of aerial refueling certification and clearance processes
- Manage size, power, cooling, and weight and balance designs
- Support test planning and execution and review of associated documents
- Coordinate with other IPTs including radar, communications, logistics, integration and test to ensure aircraft system/subsystems are adequate to meet requirements
- Support the development, implementation, and execution of a program office OSS&E process
- Develop, implement, and execute program office operating instructions, as required
- Develop, implement, and execute a program sustainment strategy
- Assist the Government with management of DMSMS issues.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our “Family of Professionals!” Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits here.
One of the following combinations of education/experience:
- ABET Accredited Advanced Degree (Master of Science (MS)) and 12 years of experience in respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 years of which must be in the DoD
- OR, ABET Accredited Bachelor's of Science degree and 15 years of experience in respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 years of which must be in the DoD
- OR, 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 years of which must be in the DoD
- U.S. Citizenship
- SECRET DoD security clearance
- Past experience in performing engineering aspects on rotary wing aircraft vehicles/platforms
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply on company website